Stratos calibration

T

TMorsePhillips

Reaction score
Well, crapcakes! I dropped my Stratos 200 and lost the spacer under the bottom mounting plate. I need to get it calibrated. I don't have the calibration kit and I just checked the Ivoclar site and they're running over $1000.....which is crazy talk. Anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone sent their unit to Ivoclar for calibration (is this even a thing they do?) or is there a company out there that does this? We have a spare but this one is mine and I need to get her fixed up. Thanks for any help!

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Well, crapcakes! I dropped my Stratos 200 and lost the spacer under the bottom mounting plate. I need to get it calibrated. I don't have the calibration kit and I just checked the Ivoclar site and they're running over $1000.....which is crazy talk. Anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone sent their unit to Ivoclar for calibration (is this even a thing they do?) or is there a company out there that does this? We have a spare but this one is mine and I need to get her fixed up. Thanks for any help!
I'd call Ivoclar. I am sure they will calibrate it for you. Their repair department is quite good and quick in repairing stuff. I have sent a couple of my ovens in and the turnaround has been quick and to a reasonable cost!

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Calibration only matters if you use multiple articulators across the lab transferring the same case back and forth

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
I had all of mine calibrated and it was very quick and they did a nice clean job. Mine was done at the Canadian office in St Catherines. They use JB weld for the lower magnetic plate and I discovered that it doesn’t like being cleaned with boiling water so I have sent them in a few times.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Calibration only matters if you use multiple articulators across the lab transferring the same case back and forth
Calibration matters when you pick up a case from 6 months ago and want to work on it again. I have 2 stratos(stratoses?stratos'?strati?stratum?) I use mostly my 100 to mount and whatever to work on the case.