STONE LAYER AROUND TEETH ON PROCESSED DENTURES

victormasi

victormasi

Reaction score
Hey All

An anyone tell me what could be causing the thin layer of stone remaining around the denture teeth? The intaglio surface is fine,

Thanks in advance. (see pics)

Attachments

• IMG_2485.jpg
    IMG_2485.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2486.jpg
    IMG_2486.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2487.jpg
    IMG_2487.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 18
Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Probably wax residue not enough separator. I would soak in hotish water and see if you can get it to pop off.

kimba

kimba

Reaction score
Hi Victor
I have never been able to eliminate that completely, no matter what I do , and it is always that area , although not to the extent in your pictures , but often to varying degrees.
I put it down to the wax in that area infiltrating the stone at boil out , and not being quite as aggressive when cleaning he cast before separating.
I use diluted detergent brushed on to eliminate any oils from the wax, but I think that sometimes it just soaks into the models.
Most times it cleans off in some sodium citrate solution so I have stopped worrying about it ,

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
I agree with both replies. I soak them in plaster and stone remover in the ultrasonic and then shellblast.

Rtyrelw

Rtyrelw

Reaction score
I use panasil putty from kettenbach around the teeth, I use the soft one because the finish is simply phenomenal, takes a few min to get ready for pumice, thoth the hard one isnt much different.

LabRat23

LabRat23

Reaction score
I also agree its wax (Although putty makes for a clean finish) we boil them out and we hit both sides with a steamer then we go to our separator steps, that usually does the trick to where we can use a instrument to pop any remaining stone off teeth (usually its not alot) or a toss them in the ultra for 5-10 minutes if need be. We usually chop it up to be wax removal on our end when they come out with stone at the necks

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
The only times we have gotten anything resembling this is when someone used way too much monomer on the teeth before pressing.

S

semıh.95

Reaction score
apply in thin layer. ( OPTOSİL SET)

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
If you have the right silicone and smooth wax, your denture will come out almost pre-polished. Hat tip to Brian Carson for his ivocap method.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
There was someone on here a few years ago that used blue mousse instead of putty. It was strong enough to hold the teeth even when they ivocap injected.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
The harder silicone the better. I cover the waxup, expose the cusp tips of every tooth, then in the pressure pot. Gives you perfect detail with very little neck flash. I spend a lot of time on the cervicals to make sure they arent plaque traps. It only took one time picking and sandblasting stone out of the neck junction to start using putty on everything. I use it on relines too, because old teeth and dentures break easily, and I want some cushion in there when I deflask.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
The harder silicone the better. I cover the waxup, expose the cusp tips of every tooth, then in the pressure pot. Gives you perfect detail with very little neck flash. I spend a lot of time on the cervicals to make sure they arent plaque traps. It only took one time picking and sandblasting stone out of the neck junction to start using putty on everything. I use it on relines too, because old teeth and dentures break easily, and I want some cushion in there when I deflask.
I always use putty when I do relines especially ivocap relines.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I putty the fool
mr t GIF