started to make flexible clasps

Edy

Edy

Reaction score
Two days ago i got my new toy , the hotshotElite , already made like 6 clasps with it and received good results , not great , good.but i just love it !
The supplier saw me today how i prepare the model before injecting the duraflex into the patty ,he told me that i really need to go and talk with a skeletist who works vitalium dentures to learn the correct way of using the undercuts of the palatinal and bucal areas of the tooth.
I did the model preparation of the flexible clasps with a really minor cover of the palatinal cervical area with gypsum , which gives the clasp a real good undercut and hold on the tooth , from the other hand my guy here tells me that its wrong to do a strong undercut on the palatal cervical area , i think if i release undercut more then what i've done i will get a weaker hold of the clasp. So , any Skeletists here can share to me a picture or two with a simple explanation ? Ty.

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
I am not a skeletist but I attended the TCS course last weekend in NY. What they said at the course is not to block out or relieve the palatinal cervical area at all but rather adjust it after you inject the partial/clasp. If you do they said the partial or the clasp have a tendency to lift up in that area when you've finished. I take that to mean that you engage as much undercut as you can in that area and adjust accordingly when you are finishing.

Top Bottom