IntraOral implant model hits adjacent contact

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
So I have this issue where due to the implant angle, the model creator has to remove some adjacent tooth contact area for draw (another fire to put out for technology!). My only idea on how to get the contact right before shipping the crown out is to scan the printed model with the abutment in place and do all the mixing and mashing of .stl's to make another model to print where the abutment is like a prep and the contact is fully intact. Is there a better way?
1695841370395.png

1695841420325.png

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I think theres an option to paint the area and it will leave it unchanged, I ran into that before and found the answer after. Its somewhere on DLN

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I think theres an option to paint the area and it will leave it unchanged, I ran into that before and found the answer after. Its somewhere on DLN
I'll look a little harder for that option. I couldn't figure out the key search term to find anything in the forums

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
you can also use a gingival Mask depending on the version you have installed. that will chop this tissue area off and let the teeth above it alone.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
you can also use a gingival Mask depending on the version you have installed. that will chop this tissue area off and let the teeth above it alone.
With the ging mask, I've never had a problem with the results until now that my docs use truabutment scanbody, it turns the emergence into the same triangular shape as the digital model analog....after all my love for truabutment now I'm getting getting hit with their tech weirdness's.

image.png

M

McTechnician

Reaction score
I have had less than ideal results by Toggling the adjacent tooth to be detachable, then make the ging overlap where the die was will create plenty without cutting into the detachable die. The plan from here is to print out everything including the ging in model resin, glue the removable adjacent in place, carve and fit the tissue, seal with wax, then injection mold with lab putty and silicone soft tissue. It's stupid how hard I have to work for this. I would send screen shots but I don't think I'm allowed to yet.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Exocad drives me nuts. Its user interface mustve been designed on windows 95. For example, I can input a simple zr case in 3shape, it takes 4 mouse clicks. To do the same in exocad takes 19 mouse clicks, not to mention you have to drag your mouse from far left to far right about 5 times. I know this seems silly, but not when you have to do it every case.

Top Bottom