Splinting two crowns with MUA's

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
I have a doctor that is insisting that he wants to splint to lower crowns with multiunit abutments, I don't think its a good idea. I'd rather just use ti base or custom abutment. Are we going to run into a cement issue where the splinted crowns keep popping off?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
if you are using mua with ti interface, then you could indeed run into that.

you could alternatively do direct-to-mua and make it screw retained. you risk breakage and screw strip instead.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I have a doctor that is insisting that he wants to splint to lower crowns with multiunit abutments, I don't think its a good idea. I'd rather just use ti base or custom abutment. Are we going to run into a cement issue where the splinted crowns keep popping off?
I have had good experiences with Dess's MUA. The chimneys are good sized and should offer decent retention to the cement.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
if you are using mua with ti interface, then you could indeed run into that.

you could alternatively do direct-to-mua and make it screw retained. you risk breakage and screw strip instead.
I would go direct-to-mua and make it screw retained...the force will be dispersed across both muas. Good suggestion Luke.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
May the force be with you.
However if it isn’t, go with custom abutments and avoid the dark side.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
I would go direct-to-mua and make it screw retained...the force will be dispersed across both muas. Good suggestion Luke.
That's what I was thinking to. I feel if there's any kind of lateral movement they are going to pop off. Fingers crossed 🤞