soundproofing the milling room

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
I am trying to sound proof the room where the mill is located. Has anyone done this? Do acoustic panels work?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
You milling dentures now?

A

AnAppleaDay

Reaction score
We have a closed room with double-gypsum and double-walled glass panes. Still hear the mill when milling PMMA...Haven't tried acoustic treatment for the walls, but that seems like a pain to clean with Zirconia dust flying everywhere...

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
I can't hear the mill during the day...im more concerned with running all night as i have a tenant who lives upstairs. She says she can't hear anything during the day but i imagine that will change at 2 a.m.
i'm thinking of trying the insulated ceiling tiles for the mill and a pad for underneath the self cleaning dust collector to dampen the vibrations when that kicks on.

C

Chus81

Reaction score
Hello, I have done it and it works very well ... with two Roland (4w and 51d) and the compressor.

Make some walls (4) of gypsum board composed of: 13 mm gypsum board + "MAD4" heavy membrane + 13 mm gypsum board + "MAD4" heavy membrane + 15 mm gypsum board ... this for each side of the structure metal wall.

You anchor the ceiling by angles to these 4 walls using 15 mm gypsum board + MAD4 heavy membrane + 15 gypsum board + MAD4 heavy membrane + 15 mm gypsum board.

Then you have to paint walls and ceiling ... but they are smooth (due to dirt).

If you place a glass that is 4mm thick, an air chamber of 2 cm and another glass of 4 mm thick (and if possible, one glass is not perfectly parallel to the other).

The door is not placed one ... 2 doors are placed that are NOT parallel but in an "L" shape so that they leave a vestibule between the two ... it is important that the door frame has a closure in the ground area .

Then on the floor you place a high density foam type "Copopren" and on this a 20 mm thick wooden plank .... which will be where you step and support the furniture, machines, etc.

With this system I have managed to lower the 90 dBA inside the room with the compressor and the two mills operating at 28 dBA outside the room ... the PC is very comfortable :)

From this pot if you are comfortable, your neighbor will not hear anything.