So Im testing out a new printer...

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Thx ! The models were printed in Nextdent peach model. The pics of the implant provisional was a separate print using the MFH C&B, then “tweaked” with some GC pink stain& Opti- glaze
How long do you expect the temp implant to last? Or what did you tell the Dentist it lasts?

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
To my understanding,The MFH can used as a long term temporary for standard C&B for up to three units. (Don’t have an answer for “long term”, lol) obviously this is not your standard C&B design as its designed for strength...At this point I make the sure the doc is aware that this is a temp provisional, and offer the esthetic stain/glaze for an extra charge. The temp is phase 1 for ZI hybrid cases and just serves as verification of fit, bite and patient acceptance of esthetics. They usually wear for a couple of weeks or a month. Then I proceed wit the ZI final. I split the invoice in 1/2 in case they don’t come back for final ZI. ;)

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Did my first test print with photon s today and the printing did not stick to the plate... I am using ChiTuBox and there were the last two parameters 0. Now I changed them to 1 but I have no idea is it correct as every table mentions only Off time that should be 1. Also I don´t believe it solves the sticking problem.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    51.3 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Phrozen Shuffle, 4 months update... (I'm quite pleased overall)

we've been running this printer for the last four months, three shifts a day (one being overnight),no leveling nor cleaning, just resin top ups... Had very few misprints, mostly due to operator errors Bird I think, I've only cleaned the vat once when someone left the cover open and the ambient light gelled up the leftover resin inside. The print quality ( C&B models mostly ) and accuracy was exceptional for a cheapo unit like this.

A few weeks ago I've noticed the LCD is failing, as small (1-3 mm) random voids started to appear in the prints, accuracy did not suffer. I ordered some replacement screens and a newer light engine which suppose to reduce curing time by 10% and improve printing quality. Ironically the day the shipment arrived the printer went dead right after finishing a print.

I bought a new printer right away to avoid downtime as much as possible, then spent a few nights troubleshooting and upgrading the dead one. Luckily the Phrozen is open, based on a Raspberry Pi running NanoDLP and a custom RAMPS board. A new Rapberry Pi and a few micro SD cards later...it turned out it was only a software issue, preventing it from booting properly Banghead

Here's a few pics of the repair process, Pi board giving all sorts of errors:
phrozen 3.jpg

You need loops to read it
phrozen 5.jpg

Everything in pieces, new light engine installed...old one in the back
phrozen 1.jpg

Re-flashing the LCD driver to new screen specs
phrozen 4.jpg

We should be good for the next eight months now...Beer
phrozen 2.jpg

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score

we've been running this printer for the last four months, three shifts a day (one being overnight),no leveling nor cleaning, just resin top ups... Had very few misprints, mostly due to operator errors Bird I think, I've only cleaned the vat once when someone left the cover open and the ambient light gelled up the leftover resin inside. The print quality ( C&B models mostly ) and accuracy was exceptional for a cheapo unit like this.

A few weeks ago I've noticed the LCD is failing, as small (1-3 mm) random voids started to appear in the prints, accuracy did not suffer. I ordered some replacement screens and a newer light engine which suppose to reduce curing time by 10% and improve printing quality. Ironically the day the shipment arrived the printer went dead right after finishing a print.

I bought a new printer right away to avoid downtime as much as possible, then spent a few nights troubleshooting and upgrading the dead one. Luckily the Phrozen is open, based on a Raspberry Pi running NanoDLP and a custom RAMPS board. A new Rapberry Pi and a few micro SD cards later...it turned out it was only a software issue, preventing it from booting properly Banghead

View attachment 33361

View attachment 33360

View attachment 33363

View attachment 33362

View attachment 33359
Love the detail shots and insides. Thanks for showing the guts.

P

Pfeonix

Reaction score

we've been running this printer for the last four months, three shifts a day (one being overnight),no leveling nor cleaning, just resin top ups... Had very few misprints, mostly due to operator errors птица I think, I've only cleaned the vat once when someone left the cover open and the ambient light gelled up the leftover resin inside. The print quality ( C&B models mostly ) and accuracy was exceptional for a cheapo unit like this.

Вот несколько картинок процесса восстановления, в которых плата Пи дает всевозможные ошибки:
View attachment 33361

Вам нужны циклы, чтобы прочитать это
View attachment 33360

Все по кускам, установлен новый световой двигатель ... старый в задней части
View attachment 33363

Перепрошивка драйвера ЖКД на новые характеристики экрана
View attachment 33362

Мы должны быть хорошими в течение следующих восьми месяцев ...Пиво
View attachment 33359
[/ QUOTE]

P

Pfeonix

Reaction score

View attachment 33361

View attachment 33360

View attachment 33363

View attachment 33362

View attachment 33359

I see you very well understand microelectronics, can you will be able to help me, I updated a firmware in my photonS printer recently, now he does not read the USB program was updated incorrectly, I want to update the program for my stm32 processor not through USB and directly via the computer, can you already did something similar?

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
I was just perusing the latest in this thread, and dammit if my shuffle is doing the same thing, and I too ordered the new ParaLED 2.0 . Hahaha... Welp looks like I should check the software on mine if the swap doesnt fix the issue.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score

View attachment 33361

View attachment 33360

View attachment 33363

View attachment 33362

View attachment 33359
will you be available to come set up mine?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I see you very well understand microelectronics, can you will be able to help me, I updated a firmware in my photonS printer recently, now he does not read the USB program was updated incorrectly, I want to update the program for my stm32 processor not through USB and directly via the computer, can you already did something similar?
I don't own a Photon and I haven't seen one up close yet Dontknow So apart from general advices, I am afraid I cannot of be much of help

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I was just perusing the latest in this thread, and dammit if my shuffle is doing the same thing, and I too ordered the new ParaLED 2.0 . Hahaha... Welp looks like I should check the software on mine if the swap doesnt fix the issue.
will you be available to come set up mine?
Soon as I'm back to the phrozen north again (currently at my hideout for the next two weeks) I'll post more detailed directions on how to revive dead printers and how replace parts ...Ciao

Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez

Reaction score
There are ten lawyers for every Lab Tech in the US. When the Sh#t hits the fan. They always look for the weakest link. Don't be the one caught experimenting and taking shortcuts when putting medical appliances in people's mouth ... just saying :)

Last edited:
PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
Soon as I'm back to the phrozen north again (currently at my hideout for the next two weeks) I'll post more detailed directions on how to revive dead printers and how replace parts ...Ciao

No worries here... dissected it yesterday, loose ribbon wire to the LCD. Im good now and have the ParaLED 2.0 upgrade.

Im gonna take the old LED array and make a new curing light. If the power isnt great for full on cure, it will be a badass tacking light for composite work.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
No worries here... dissected it yesterday, loose ribbon wire to the LCD. Im good now and have the ParaLED 2.0 upgrade.

Im gonna take the old LED array and make a new curing light. If the power isnt great for full on cure, it will be a badass tacking light for composite work.
dollar tree school locker mirrors, a bottle of glue and two flat back glue on articulator/hinges. TaDa. Light box.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i dont want a revival. i want you to visit/set up a new one hahaha!