So Im testing out a new printer...

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Has anybody tried to print asiga dentagum with photon s? I would like to know the printing settings.

Micchael C Sweglar

Micchael C Sweglar

Reaction score
Just bought a printer ...now wondering if it a waste of money......told me it does transparent blue....ahhhh no...not even close, dark green .....not acceptable to the doctor..now wondering what to use it for to pay for its self. hate salesman who don’t know what there talking about....I bought the nextdent 5100 and it can’t print clear. Anyone have this printer that has tried another company’s product in it, in clear and had it work?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Did you ask for samples before you bought it ?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Nextdent resins are all tinted, surgical guide is orange. Splint is a teal.

For.clear you will need to look at keystone or something. But fair warning that sh1t is horrible mutagenic.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
by a Anycubic Photon for 300 Dollar he can print ND clear ;):)

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Clear resins require a 365nm light source. The Nextdent 5100 and most printers use 405nm which lasts longer but does not produce clear parts. Nextdent ortho clear will not work in the Nextdent 5100 printer but you can use it in printers that have a 365nm light source. Nextdent ortho rigid has a blue tint to it and works in the 5100 printer.

If parts are not coming out as clear as you would like be sure to use fresh, clean post processing fluid for the wash and rinse. Air dry parts completely before light curing.

The 5100 info center has a lot of good information about the printer along with guidelines for use of each supported resin:

There is also a very active user group on Facebook: "Nextdent dental users" where you can exchange info and best practices with other users of the printer.

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score

I talked with the sales rep the other day. It's on sale for $1200. I told him that I had the same printer for $300 and he tried to convince me that this isn't a rebranded Photon. Then he added that you're paying for the software but getting the printer free. Uh-huh..... I'll pass for now thanx.

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
I finally printed a model on my Photon, using the Anycubic grey. The coping fit on the die fine, but the die was too tight for the model. I ordered the Anycubic dental resin for models. I'll do a calibration cube with it before trying another print... maybe my settings are off. I know how to tinker with the FDM printers but this is another animal. I have to say that I'm getting a bit excited at the thought of being able to print my own models instead of waiting on another company. :)

FastShipper

FastShipper

Reaction score
So I ordered the Zortrax Inkspire Dental Model Beige to use on our Phrozen Shuffle … and the company won't give out the resin profiles, only if you have one of their printers; they also say this material WON'T work unless you have one of their printers, which I found out might actually be true. I tried to test print something and it didn't print anything at all. Anyone know of any other dental resins I can purchase that have public resin profiles?

G

grantoz

Reaction score
Im trying to get my head around why a lot of techs are using really cheap printers and trying all different types of materials in them to make a model etc. I get that good proven reliable printers are not cheep but if you loose clients because of bad fits or down time because you are trying to sort out your system isnt that a lot more expensive.

HygienicBee

HygienicBee

Reaction score
Im trying to get my head around why a lot of techs are using really cheap printers and trying all different types of materials in them to make a model etc. I get that good proven reliable printers are not cheep but if you loose clients because of bad fits or down time because you are trying to sort out your system isnt that a lot more expensive.
I'd say they're fine tuning these cheap printers and sharing their technique so the rest of us don't have to worry about the quality or downtime, plus, with the money saved getting a 200-1000$ printer instead of a 24K-34K printer could probably fund outsourcing models for a little bit until they get the cheap stuff down to a science. In my own experience the only real problem with these cheap printers, and I do have two very expensive printers, as well as a few very cheap ones, is fitting. the quality is there, some even have similar speeds as the expensive printers too.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Question for you,
Whatd doyou mean by fitting being the only problem?
Are you talking crowns? Or mouthguards? Or fit of the die into the model itself?

HygienicBee

HygienicBee

Reaction score
I mean dies fitting into the models, I've only tested one surgical guide and that fit pretty good on a model made with an anycubic photon.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I use cheapo printers, got great results, I can also repair them if they break down...learned the ins and outs of 3d printing having these machines, I would be a still noob with an expensive turnkey system having to rely on support if things go south. Honestly I don't see the point of getting into a "dental" unit at this point.
It may not work for everyone, but each to their own...Ciao

The $ I saved pays for lots of booze ;) Cheers

FastShipper

FastShipper

Reaction score
I'm wondering if my LCD screen is bad. I tried it again using the new resin and there still isn't anything building on my build plate. I used chitubox to slice it and used the new resin profile and still nothing. I know that the UV light is working, I can see it coming on when it's supposed to and turning off as well.