Smilewire

L

labdude

Reaction score
Hi,
So....
I bet your the same person Lance told me about a while ago. He had a girl working for him that made his color guide palates. I see your moon and stars looks exactly like the one in Excel's catalog.
How did I get an Excel catalog??? I have everybodies catalog. You send one to a dr, I'll find it.:cool:
I talked to Ryan a few months back, tried to get him to take a look at DLN. Seemed to busy with their own going on to come here. They are very satisfied with the way things are for them now, at least Ryan made me feel that way. Still, it would be fun to see them here.
Lance and I once shared a ton of ortho stone. Seems they had never bought a large amount like that before, ig savings. Lance met me in Salem, I picked it up from him there. First time we did that I met him at Beefbend road in Portland and picked up some. That all came to an end as I was about to discontinue study models, and Linda was slowing down to retire as well.
Friendly guys, I enjoyed their input and sharing of info. Lance suggested to me a technique for making a herbst back then. Now a herbst is even easier to make, with a tack welder.
They didn't have a brm account then either.
When did you start working with them??
And.....never go partnership. Then you will stay friends.
I remember, and I'm sure it's o.k. to mention now, Professional Positioners tried to buy their lab. And then give them jobs working there. Glad they didn't do that, I'm sure they are too.
Now Pro was bought by AOA a while back as well.
What made you go to California??? It's so nice up here in Oregon.
Mike.

Smilewire

Smilewire

Reaction score
Yeah I got my moon and stars idea from them but they actually grind in there design with glow, I try to stay away from grinding as much as possible so mine are confetti stars and moon. I love catalog collecting I have some funny ones of entire books with hundreds of designs...
*NOTE To lab owners* Dr.s hate when patient sits forever trying to choose a design, keep the selection down.
I told Lance about this group, I think there to busy between there business and there 10-15 kids. But Lance did tell me about a joke you told him!
BTW check out there new website it looks great! Untitled Document
I started there in 96 I think? in the study model department, still thinking about the partnership I might need some support soon. I got 2 new accounts this week and am going in to talk to 2 more next week!!!! One from my website and the other 3 word of mouth.ekkk
Yes I MISS Oregon all my friends/family are there, but I wanted to open my own lab and there was just to much competition there and I was seeking a change. I do Love California though, I was just at Mountain winery last night seeing Pink Martinis(from PDX!) in a chill 70degrees @ 10 at night. I loved that

Hi,
So....
I bet your the same person Lance told me about a while ago. He had a girl working for him that made his color guide palates. I see your moon and stars looks exactly like the one in Excel's catalog.
How did I get an Excel catalog??? I have everybodies catalog. You send one to a dr, I'll find it.:cool:
I talked to Ryan a few months back, tried to get him to take a look at DLN. Seemed to busy with their own going on to come here. They are very satisfied with the way things are for them now, at least Ryan made me feel that way. Still, it would be fun to see them here.
Lance and I once shared a ton of ortho stone. Seems they had never bought a large amount like that before, ig savings. Lance met me in Salem, I picked it up from him there. First time we did that I met him at Beefbend road in Portland and picked up some. That all came to an end as I was about to discontinue study models, and Linda was slowing down to retire as well.
Friendly guys, I enjoyed their input and sharing of info. Lance suggested to me a technique for making a herbst back then. Now a herbst is even easier to make, with a tack welder.
They didn't have a brm account then either.
When did you start working with them??
And.....never go partnership. Then you will stay friends.
I remember, and I'm sure it's o.k. to mention now, Professional Positioners tried to buy their lab. And then give them jobs working there. Glad they didn't do that, I'm sure they are too.
Now Pro was bought by AOA a while back as well.
What made you go to California??? It's so nice up here in Oregon.
Mike.

L

labdude

Reaction score
Nice web site they have. I try to stay away from having to grind in designs as well. Congrats on the new clients! Fun stuff ain't it?
That joke you mentioned, I shared that with Lance up at a PCSO, in Sunriver. I don't think they have meetings there any more, I could be wrong. I'll put that joke over in the "jokes" forum. Beware, heed the warning at the entrance to that forum.
Your Zebra looks a lot like their Tiger. I like the lay out of the lines in those.
Fun to talk with you Smile.

L

labdude

Reaction score
Fun to talk to everyone here....actually...

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
......Everyone?

L

labdude

Reaction score
Hi Rob,
Yup.
Everyone, even those who have been...not so nice.
I still hold them as all my friends.
I hold my all friends eternally, some are around me now, some can't be found. And I don't mean just at this site, I mean everywhere.
Easier to be friendly...isn't it?