Sigma Ring flash

H

Hal2a

Reaction score
I use a Sigma ring flash with a setting of 1/125 and F32, iso 100 on a Canon T2i. The problem is having my pictures come out too bright. I believe this to be a problem with the flash settings. What settings do you use ?

wojtek121

wojtek121

Reaction score
Try 1/400 and f / 8 to 16,I do not know if you can adjust your flash If so, set it to the minimum

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Ring flash is meant for the mouth, not taking pictures on the bench (twin flash is for bench). However, I did find some success using ring flash by taking some scotch tape and placing it over the flash areas of the ring...this diffuses the light some but put twin flash on your 2016 want list, you'll be very happy.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
TTL lightning bolt mode

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Ring flash is meant for the mouth, not taking pictures on the bench (twin flash is for bench). However, I did find some success using ring flash by taking some scotch tape and placing it over the flash areas of the ring...this diffuses the light some but put twin flash on your 2016 want list, you'll be very happy.
I use twin flash with diffusers for IO shots. Hate the ring flash.:mad:

user name

user name

Reaction score
Nikon R1C1. It changed EVERYTHING.

user name

user name

Reaction score
You finally got that all situated? What camera body did you end up with?
I tried and returned a bunch. In my humble opinion, and I dont have a handle on the subtle differences, but Ive tried every Nikon I could get my hands on and I like the D40 thru D-90s. My current is my D-60, but Id take any 40, 60 or 90 over a $5000 new body.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I tried and returned a bunch. In my humble opinion, and I dont have a handle on the subtle differences, but Ive tried every Nikon I could get my hands on and I like the D40 thru D-90s. My current is my D-60, but Id take any 40, 60 or 90 over a $5000 new body.
I have a kaput D70. I also have two D80s that the internal lithium battery crapped out so all of the setting reset when you turn it off.
A friend gave me an older D90 to use for bench shots. Been playing with a D7200 for IO shots. It's pretty nice, but I think you are right about the other models, much better value.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I have a kaput D70. I also have two D80s that the internal lithium battery crapped out so all of the setting reset when you turn it off.
A friend gave me an older D90 to use for bench shots. Been playing with a D7200 for IO shots. It's pretty nice, but I think you are right about the other models, much better value.
Im not taking 'value' into consideration. I just want good color, nice exposures. I spent time with the local pros at the camera shop, so it wasnt just my ineptitude. Side by side they couldnt make the midlevels like the 3200, 5300 and the 7300 look as nice. I just dont think the pixels seemed as thirsty for color.

J

Jorge

Reaction score
Use manual flash, not TTL, so YOU control the amount of light, not the camera

H

Hal2a

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I like the idea of placing tape over the ring flash to diffuse the light. Also just upgraded my camera to a Canon 7D mark ii. Can't wait to try it on the next patients. My old camera was an older Canon T2i.