shades not matching?

C

CShof

Reaction score
I'm not really sure what to do here, hoping the wisdom on this board could offer a suggestion. I just went and picked an rpd case to be finished but they said the C3 shade teeth I used in the setup were just a little lighter than their shade guide. Here's the problem. Their shade guide is a Portrait shade guide and I ordered Portrait teeth in C3. They sent their shade tab in the box and I'll be honest, I can not tell one bit of difference in their shade tab and the teeth I used. I told them I want to get this right so I'd look into it but I don't really know where to go from here.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Did they look at the shade with the overhead light on?

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
C3 is not a Densply shade. The portrait shades all start with P (eg p62) so my guess is they cross referenced and gave you the closest. IMO Densply shade are not as consistent from batch to batch. If you have a C3 shade you might want to order some Vita teeth and see how they look. If it doesn't match either then send them back, and try something else.

C

CShof

Reaction score
Well, I went back this afternoon and dropped of their Portrait shade tab that says C3/P23 along with my Portrait tooth card that says C3/P23 and they're going to show it to the doctor on Monday and we'll decided where to go from there. The girls thought my denture teeth were indeed a little lighter than their shade tab but my eyes must not be that good because I couldn't tell.

They told me not to lose any sleep over it as its not that big of a deal so I guess I'm not too worried about it. I'll suggest using Vita teeth in the future, maybe that will help. Thanks!

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Portrain IPN do come in Vita shades, the problem is DDS is trying to match an anterior shade tab to a dense posterior. If the DDS is being so picky (hope YR charging for this special service) have him pick from 3Dmasters Physiodens they match ant & posterior from Vita. If U R processing R U going to opaque the frame? that will set the shade off as well, & if U thinned the tooth out that changes the depth of the color. The DDS is used to telling the technician C&B they R wrong as a removable U get to tell the DDS that is the way it comes from the factory U don't mix, blend & change just set. I know TomZ likes to put in staining but pumice & polish often changes that.

C

CShof

Reaction score
Sorry guys, I'm the type of person that thinks every little problem could be the reason I lose an account so I freak out about every little detail as I want everything to be right. I guess I need to chill out and relax a bit. The girls' were saying they knew I'd be freaking out about it all afternoon because I'm a perfectionist, which was good to hear. I really am a perfectionist which I suppose is good for my dentists but probably not so good for my health, huh?

C

CShof

Reaction score
AJEL, I think you nailed it. I didnt even mention these were posterior teeth but that's exactly what they are and I did have to thin them. I will definitely take all suggestions. Thanks again!

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Don't worry about who's fault it is.

:eek:
Sorry guys, I'm the type of person that thinks every little problem could be the reason I lose an account so I freak out about every little detail as I want everything to be right. I guess I need to chill out and relax a bit. The girls' were saying they knew I'd be freaking out about it all afternoon because I'm a perfectionist, which was good to hear. I really am a perfectionist which I suppose is good for my dentists but probably not so good for my health, huh?

I think that is called being a dental technician, U could try Aikido, get some of your DDS there I really enjoyed throwing them around when I was advanced student. If not the fun stuff don't try C2H5OH just wastes time & money, Take this cut paste in your word processor & print, I have one on my fridge & 1 on my plaster wall. http://dentallabnetwork.com/forums/f49/2012-cut-paste-print-post-9584/ Pick what U can change to 8-track think, on stuff that U cannot change leave that to God. If some little thing causes an account to leave they were looking for something move on to the next, the best is yet to come!
Hey where R U at in IL, have we worked together in the past?

Last edited:
Top Bottom