setting up network to scan & design from two comps

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I learned from the DLN how to scan from one computer then access the scan from a second computer to design. Can't find the thread. Anyone want to help out with that?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Network them through windows...hopefully you have the same or similar OS (Operating systems) on both PC's.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
3shape. And I have got a network I can see them on both computers but when I try to enter the scanning computer from the non-scanning computer it asks for a username and password which I've tried everything I know but nothing seems to work. I've made everything open too.

Rick1230

Rick1230

Reaction score
Right click on the folder at the scanning Pc and dan on share>

Adigitalsmile

Adigitalsmile

Reaction score
You must have the 3shape folder shared or else you will run into that issue. The login that its asking for should just be the login for the scanning computer.

Attachments

• 3shape.PNG
    3shape.PNG
    69 KB · Views: 25
RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys.
I couldn't for the life of me figure out what both the passwords and usernames were for both comps so I removed them for now.
I then saw one box I needed to check that I'd missed to allow full sharing between my two comps.
I could then get into the 3shape file but ultimately I get an error when trying to open a file to design.
Here is what i'm doing, any thoughts?

step 2.png step 3.png step 4.png step 5.png step 6.png problem step 7.png

Adigitalsmile

Adigitalsmile

Reaction score
Did you setup up the server install initially with the software and then run the client install for the second computer and point to the dongle located at your scanner?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Did you setup up the server install initially with the software and then run the client install for the second computer and point to the dongle located at your scanner?
Um...since I have no clue....I'll say no.
It seemed like when I did this at my last lab 4 years ago I did what I pictured above and all was good. If you get a second can you write me up a step by step?

C

cap_yk

Reaction score

Yes, you have to have installed the system as a "server setup" initially in order to be able to access it from client machines.

You can check by going into your control panel
104rnkh.png

and going to 'system settings'
1zxm936.png

If you have a local filepath, then it was set up as a standalone and you need to remap the directories.
If you have a network filepath, then it was set up as a server and the issue is occurring elsewhere

Top Bottom