Screw retained zr cementation question

D

Drews Dental Lab

Reaction score
What do prefer to use for cement with a milled zr crown on a Ti Base?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I like GC Gcem. So easy to clean up.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
used everything listed above....prefer panavia

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Why, what do you like better about panavia? Just curious :)
after 5 years with ivoclars multilink....i suddenly had some debond.
only reasoning from ivoclar was "it must have been a bad batch". that bad batch upset a good handful of clients as crown after crown came debonded for a few months.

so switched to GCem. after 2 years of great results... they changed their formula. and again i was faced with a few months of debonding issues where there had been none. again, no real reason given by GC, no real solution either....but i had upset clients again and another big headache.

its been about 3 years with Panavia and no issues. not a single hiccup. in fact, i can tell you for sure that the bond is FAR better at least in the laboratory. when i accidentally quick cure something out of position and need to remove it and try again i have to completely start over. heating the crown under the muffle for a significantly longer time to get it to come apart so that i can clean it up and try again.

i dont have a major issue with GC or Ivoclars cements, but i also dont want reoccurring issues for myself or my clients. i didnt change because i hated either, i changed out of necessity since i couldnt find a reason or solution that was satisfactory for me and my Drs

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
after 5 years with ivoclars multilink....i suddenly had some debond.
only reasoning from ivoclar was "it must have been a bad batch". that bad batch upset a good handful of clients as crown after crown came debonded for a few months.

so switched to GCem. after 2 years of great results... they changed their formula. and again i was faced with a few months of debonding issues where there had been none. again, no real reason given by GC, no real solution either....but i had upset clients again and another big headache.

its been about 3 years with Panavia and no issues. not a single hiccup. in fact, i can tell you for sure that the bond is FAR better at least in the laboratory. when i accidentally quick cure something out of position and need to remove it and try again i have to completely start over. heating the crown under the muffle for a significantly longer time to get it to come apart so that i can clean it up and try again.

i dont have a major issue with GC or Ivoclars cements, but i also dont want reoccurring issues for myself or my clients. i didnt change because i hated either, i changed out of necessity since i couldnt find a reason or solution that was satisfactory for me and my Drs
Thank you buddy, very informative reply. I still don't do very many screw retained, but it's good to keep up with what you all are using and why :)

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Thank you buddy, very informative reply. I still don't do very many screw retained, but it's good to keep up with what you all are using and why :)
you are very welcome!
our small c/b dept is cranking a ton of them out every month. keeping in mind there are only 2 of us and one of them is me so im busy doing a host of other stuff too....we are putting out 25-35+ screw retained restorations every month. (just screw retained, we still have cement retained ones on top of that)

having a reliable cement is SUPER important to me, and of course my clients too. if all of a sudden i have debonding issues for a few months thats a crap ton of re-cements i am doing. some of which came debonded multiple times.....making me want to smash my face into a concrete wall repeatedly LOL

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I haven’t had any debond with gcem or when I used panavia for several years. But maybe the docs just did it themselves if they did come off?

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Screw retained is about all I do these days.. I used gcem for a few years without a single issue. Went to panavia due to gcem back order awhile ago and have been using it ever since without issue. Either worked fine for me.

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
Other than using the bonding agents and minute amount of composit, what is your technique to protect the access hole while bonding?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
My die spacer setting is pretty minimal, so the doughnut ring of cement I put at the top of the abutment, gets pushed down and out the margin. If needed, I take a small disposable brush and wipe off any slight overlap at the top before it sets.

Last edited: