Screw Retained Bridge Case

• Thread starter Brett Hansen CDT
  • Start date
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Galvanic reactions with NP and Titanium...nothing like giving a battery to a patient to suck on.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Al
1 quick ?
when you say you would wax anteriors to ideal size (11mm)
that would mean everything gingival of that would need pink tissue
am i understanding correctly?

Thanks
Greg Amendola MDT

First I would wax the teeth ideal between 11 to 13 mm. With ideal line angles and height of contours long axis and looking at the profile for lip support.
Everything below that I would make tissue porc. or at least try to blend the teeth from there into the tissue without making root forms.

To start out I totaly ignore the ridge. If I dont I end up with flared buck teeth with unnatural angles and contours.
Usually these implant cases have bone loss and spaces that cant be replaced with teeth only.

Sort of like this.
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_nb2.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_nb2.jpg

CRWNMKR

CRWNMKR

Reaction score
the pink porcelain would have helped with the contours as well, alot of times i will go ahead and add it and not charge the dr.

doug

doug

Reaction score
While I don't use NP, it's my understanding that if it doesn't contain Nickel there is no worry of galvanic reaction. All things being equal, I guess it's much better to be safe in the process.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
No nickel in our NP. Thanks for the tips Al...I am looking forward to the next anterior bridge case we get. For this doc, he always uses NP. I also wish he would have given us a preop model of the patient's denture so we could have seen what he had before. This time of year, we don't have time to add gingival porcelain for free...did I mention I am at work on Saturday? :)

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
This time of year, we don't have time to add gingival porcelain for free...did I mention I am at work on Saturday? :)

......and Sunday...... All I want for Chistmas is my two front teeth!:frusty:

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I would cut back the wax up and send it to 3i. But first I would make a verification jig and have the doc try it in the mouth. If it fits you are all set. If the jig does not fit have the doc cut it and reconnect. Next, you attach analogs and set it into a patty of low expansion stone. Send it all off to 3i and they will copy mill and return a perfect fitting titanium frame.
We have done a few dozen of these and he'd no problems.
Bob

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
If I were Bob, I'd add the Implant and bar modual to ExoCad from CIMSystems...then you could design your own and mill with SUM3D on one of your mills. And actually make a profit as opposed to constantly using 3I and Atlantis.

Just saying...

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I would cut back the wax up and send it to 3i. But first I would make a verification jig and have the doc try it in the mouth. If it fits you are all set. If the jig does not fit have the doc cut it and reconnect. Next, you attach analogs and set it into a patty of low expansion stone. Send it all off to 3i and they will copy mill and return a perfect fitting titanium frame.
We have done a few dozen of these and he'd no problems.
Bob

And when they get it back in TI what are they going to do with that?

Are you saying they are going to stack porcelain to this screw retained frame?

If I could do what I do with Zi for screw retained crowns with Ti I would be a thrilled, I have not seen a way to do this with Ti.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
I agree with John W on using noble or HN alloy (NP/Precious is not necessarily the key, it is the 'nobility' of the alloy in question; because some implant companies sent out info packets that specifically state that only noble, or even HN alloy be used for the restorative component. Also, temp to cast base alloy will melt the HN alloy like you said. The instructions are often in the prosthetic/restorative manual of the implant companies concern about what alloy you can use, and the key is whether using something else will void the warranty. Those instruction pamphlets are sent with
parts shipped for a reason, and may be legal basis to deny any warranties.

Then again, when it comes to this case, a CoreVent, some of these 'Legacy' lines
no longer carry a cast to option, so the plastic pattern is in-evitable so won't feel
bad about using parts that are fully plastic, and Attachments is a great company.
BTW - Happy New Year to all!
LCM

Top Bottom