Scanocryl

C

CShof

Reaction score
Where do I buy it and how much does it cost?

C

CShof

Reaction score
Awesome, let's deal. I'd like to buy a pound today please. How do I contact you?

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Awesome, let's deal. I'd like to buy a pound today please. How do I contact you?

Call 800-223-6322. One of our friendly operators is standing by! Let us know if you need a 10% or 30% gradient.

Thanks!

C

CShof

Reaction score
Just placed the order. Thanks!

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Call 800-223-6322. One of our friendly operators is standing by! Let us know if you need a 10% or 30% gradient.

Thanks!

What would be the purpose of the two different gradients? I'm totally guessing here, but one for traditional CT and the other for CBCT?

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Or sometimes the base is done in one and the teeth in a higher gradient. This is usually in OD, so the space/ materials can be evaluated.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
What would be the purpose of the two different gradients? I'm totally guessing here, but one for traditional CT and the other for CBCT?

Depends on the protocol. Some implant scanning appliances use a 30% for the tooth intaglios and 10% for the tissue areas. For a bone supported guide, you use the 10% in the tooth intaglios and regular acrylic in the tissue areas.

In some software you use the 30% in the tooth intaglios, but if you are using a galleleos or Hitachi scanner, you have to switch out the 10% in place of the 30% as the crappy scanner will choke on the scatter.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Depends on the protocol. Some implant scanning appliances use a 30% for the tooth intaglios and 10% for the tissue areas. For a bone supported guide, you use the 10% in the tooth intaglios and regular acrylic in the tissue areas.

In some software you use the 30% in the tooth intaglios, but if you are using a galleleos or Hitachi scanner, you have to switch out the 10% in place of the 30% as the crappy scanner will choke on the scatter.

Ahhhh, that makes a lot of sense, thanks :)

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
FYI ...
Ivoclar have a similar product and in small quantity.
Vivotac/Orthotac 30g pdr & 30ml liq. Ideal for infrequent users.
:)

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
The kit comes with teeth and acrylic that has barium mixed in. I still think Marks acrylic would be less expensive. I have the ivoclar kit and it works great.

C

CShof

Reaction score
Wow I got it today, I really didn't expect the super fast shipping but that's cool. This may be a stupid question but do I mix this with cold cure monomer?
edit: nvm, answered my own question by watching the slide show

btw cool coffee cup, I like the logo of the men lifting the tooth in place like the Iwo Jima flag photo, thanks

Last edited:
P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
I just read a Scanocryl protocol and that is pretty amazing. This is why I love this forum. I learn something new every day.

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
Being the "other" inventor I thought I would suggest this slideshare on possiblities and usage.

Place your orders with Precision Ceramics

Implant Scanoguide technique