Scanner accessories

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I am thinking about the need for a low cost solutions for scanning accessories. Model holders magnetic base style. analog holders....

I know there are some out there but they all seem Rather pricey. Aside from the blue tacky what are you guys using. I am thinking about fabing a holder that has a small set screw and will hold an analog in it to affix abutments. I had a hell of a time today doing a wax up scan on an abutment today utilizing the blue tacky, just could not get things on and off with out a smidgen of movement, sure it might have been the 4 cups of coffee but damn it how hard would it be to have one of the 3 shape bases with a recessed socket and set screw to hold an analog.

Anyhow before I go reinventing the wheel any cool sites with stuff premade at reasonable pricing?

Have a great weekend guys!

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
We have model bases (Vertex style) that holds ALL Implant analogues in order to scan.

Imagine a chunk of flat stone with up to Ten analogues spread out all over the place on little cone shaped mounds.

We have Analogues kinda up on an ant-hill to get good scanning angles of margin area for scanning Ti bases and wax-ups.

We do not scan on the actual model that the case is being worked on.

And all sorts of other stuff as well. Go to Radio-Shack (The Shack thanks you!) and grab some Magnets and Hobby-Store to get flat Steel Sheets and make your own stuff.

Enjoy!

IT'S FRIGGIN FRIDAY PEOPLE!!!!

NewCastle time on the Right Coast already!!! (BURP!)

aloscuatroojos.com_wp_content_uploads_2009_03_homer_simpson_beer.jpg
aloscuatroojos.com_wp_content_uploads_2009_03_homer_simpson_beer.jpg

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I hear you John. I just did a 6 implant try in jig for a one piece non engaging bridge around 5 remaining teeth on the lower arch. Took me nearly 1 hour just to scan the lower arch with the abutments as a sectioned scan on an unsectioned model. As for scanning abutments I have found the best way is to attach the abutment so a spare analog and stick the analog in the blue tack. That will elevate the margins on the abutment well on top of the blue tacky. You still may have to do an alignment on the abutments but as for scanning I found this the best way. Yes there is the extra set of analogs for each platform but it sure as hell beat trying to scan the abutment that is sitting on blue tacky.

Top Bottom