Roland/Sum3d users question.

• Thread starter Marcusthegladiator CDT
  • Start date
Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
So our new setup is.. the SUM3D PC runs the same Vpanel software to run the mill.
Can I use a separate PC for the Vpanel and move the SUM3D PC into the other room?
I was expecting this was going to be the setup but it is not.
We have plenty of PC's I could install the Vpanel software on.

I want 3shape, Sum3d on two PC's with a monitor switch on the CAD/CAM bench.
And a different PC running the mill.
Comments?

Also, Vpanel is pretty basic as far as I can see.
I used to run Icam or whatever it was called on an Imes.
I could post process edit the g-code right on the PC. Cause sometimes Sum3D would miss a code for the vacuum, or we would have an error and I would notice a comma or other character missing in the code where the error stopped reading the g-code. I would place the character in its place, save, and start the mill again about a minute back in time. Boom, problem solved.
So is there a better software other than V-panel I should think about?

Thanks DLN.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
store your cam calculations on a network and Vpanel will pick it up from there.

no probalo

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
store your cam calculations on a network and Vpanel will pick it up from there.

no probalos
I don't what that video was, but at 18s I had to stop.
Thanks for the feedback. I will defiantly put the Sum3d PC on the 3shape bench and sum3d will send the programs through the network to the vpanel pc's folder titled, "Awesome Jobs ready to cut."
Thanks again.
EDIT: I am currently reading the Vpanel PDF, so basic. I wish I could see the G-code fly by being processed and have the option to edit/save.

D

dirkkk50

Reaction score
Another question about the combi Sum3d + Roland dwx 50.
I'm a technician from the Netherlands.
I'm planning to buy the Roland and the Sum3d next week. I'd like to know what the demands are for a workstation running Sum3d, is it possible to work with a laptop and witch one would be recommended? What are the minimum spec's and what would be the ultimate dream machine?

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
So our new setup is.. the SUM3D PC runs the same Vpanel software to run the mill.
Can I use a separate PC for the Vpanel and move the SUM3D PC into the other room?
I was expecting this was going to be the setup but it is not.
We have plenty of PC's I could install the Vpanel software on.

I want 3shape, Sum3d on two PC's with a monitor switch on the CAD/CAM bench.
And a different PC running the mill.
Comments?

Also, Vpanel is pretty basic as far as I can see.
I used to run Icam or whatever it was called on an Imes.
I could post process edit the g-code right on the PC. Cause sometimes Sum3D would miss a code for the vacuum, or we would have an error and I would notice a comma or other character missing in the code where the error stopped reading the g-code. I would place the character in its place, save, and start the mill again about a minute back in time. Boom, problem solved.
So is there a better software other than V-panel I should think about?

Thanks DLN.

Hi Marcus,

You can download a copy of the v-panel manual from the Roland EasyShape website. This will give you a better idea of what v-panel is and how it is used. Basically you can think of it as a control panel for the mill. Instead of having a display and PC built into the mill v-panel uses your connected PC to control and communicate with the mill.

http://www.rolandeasyshape.com/en_GL/support/dwx-50/manuals

-Glenn

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Another question about the combi Sum3d + Roland dwx 50.
I'm a technician from the Netherlands.
I'm planning to buy the Roland and the Sum3d next week. I'd like to know what the demands are for a workstation running Sum3d, is it possible to work with a laptop and witch one would be recommended? What are the minimum spec's and what would be the ultimate dream machine?

Hi Dirk,

You can contact SUM3D directly for minimum system requirements and recommendations regarding a PC to run their software:

http://www.sum3ddental.com/prodotti/SUM3D_Dental/BRIEFLY/

-Glenn

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Hi Marcus,

You can download a copy of the v-panel manual from the Roland EasyShape website. This will give you a better idea of what v-panel is and how it is used. Basically you can think of it as a control panel for the mill. Instead of having a display and PC built into the mill v-panel uses your connected PC to control and communicate with the mill.

http://www.rolandeasyshape.com/en_GL/support/dwx-50/manuals
Thanks Glenn, I already moved the Sum3d PC away from the DWX50 and installed Vpanel on a separate PC next to the mill. It was no problem. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Good to hear Marcus. Sorry for the late reply. I was at LMT West when you posted originally and just happened to find the post this morning. If you need anything else let me know.

-Glenn

D

dirkkk50

Reaction score
Thank you Glenn for the info, today I'm gonna order the laptop (and the Roland)

Dirk