ROI for microlab

Principefly

Principefly

Reaction score
How to calculate the ROI for a microlaboratory?
In short, when it becomes convenient for one person laboratory, buy or rent a scanner?

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
In short, when it becomes convenient for one person laboratory, buy or rent a scanner?

Check out cap's website
http://cap-us.com
Or read Bob Cohen's posts on here, they do a great job on a practical ROI calculator.
Manufacturers often create ROI calculators that do not hold up to even the most basic scrutiny. I once saw a ROI for a $70k mill that suggested that with only one implant abutment a week the mill 'pay for itself' in 3 years. Even the sales rep could not explain their fuzzy math :p

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
one abutment a week at $448.7179 per abutment... to be exact

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Check out cap's website
http://cap-us.com
Or read Bob Cohen's posts on here, they do a great job on a practical ROI calculator.
Manufacturers often create ROI calculators that do not hold up to even the most basic scrutiny. I once saw a ROI for a $70k mill that suggested that with only one implant abutment a week the mill 'pay for itself' in 3 years. Even the sales rep could not explain their fuzzy math :p
that is not a very practical ROI calculator. thats a very simplistic one. there is FAR more to it than that calculator explains. I believe Bob would agree as well.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i had the same internal and external discussion about a year ago.
bottom line was.....when i was so busy that i could just about hire a tech, the scanner jumped in. less than a skilled tech, no sick days, no vacation time, etc, etc. eventually i ended up hiring a tech as well, but pulling the trigger on a scanner was a very calculated risk for the lab. at the time i wasnt needing it much....since then my Zi growth was rather remarkable. (and i didnt market it)

Top Bottom