Could an old crappy computer cause inaccurate toolpaths to calculate for millbox?

MoosetheGoose

MoosetheGoose

Reaction score
I’m talking a really old crappy computer. Like refurbished from early 2000s, horrible specs, takes forever to calculate any jobs, constantly throws that error message “load on pc is too high” in the v panel. I’m assuming the answer is most likely yes, but if a computer like that were to be used for millbox, could it possibly come up with inaccurate toolpaths and cause fit issues?

T

TKTECH97

Reaction score
Coming from my personal familiarity of PCs in a general sense, the processing power specifically may be causing you issues. Do you know what CPU you're using and how much RAM you have available?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
YES! Ive had thumbdrives that didnt adequately store a .nc file and it wouldnt mill, put the same file on a different thumb drive, worked fine. If you have load on pc is too high errors, then youve answered your own question.

MoosetheGoose

MoosetheGoose

Reaction score
YES! Ive had thumbdrives that didnt adequately store a .nc file and it wouldnt mill, put the same file on a different thumb drive, worked fine. If you have load on pc is too high errors, then youve answered your own question.
I figured. Thankyou.

Top Bottom