Reverse dovetail?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I have a unique case that came in the lab, implant fixtures in #6 and #11 site, existing appliance is a cast metal hybrid bar with denture teeth and acrylic that has distal extension dovetails going in to post implant crowns that have female PD attachments in them. While I know 3shape has the attachment feature to make NEW attachments in between units can a retro fit be done to existing females?

Plan is going to be a Zircon two connect bridge that I would like to be able to mill distal male PD's to fit existing female attachments.

Thanks for you thoughts

ZsoltM

ZsoltM

Reaction score
A manual mill (like ZZ Zirkograph, etc) could take of it......

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Sounds interesting. Any photos? Trying to imagine with only two implants.

corona

corona

Reaction score
yeah . sounds like a manual mill could do the trick John as posted above . interesting case . why not just do metal ? wax and cast ?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Well what I want and what the Dr wants are two different things. I have probably 6 hours doing some reverse engineering on this case to try and digitize and its been a failure thus far. Of course a copy mill/key machine would do the trick.

The latest plan is to cast the dovetails with an extension that looks like a conical cone/prep that I will scan as a prep. I will then scan the actually two connect abutments and cap and make it as a cemented bridge and cut an access hole for the screws.

Just sucks I was unable to scan the female and do it in cad.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
John, not sure if I'm understanding this correctly, but it seems you could do an acrylic mock up with male attachments fitted in the female, remove and then scan.

D

donnypros

Reaction score
Why are you wasting your time? Just do a 6 unit fpd keep it separate. Most predictable restoration in dentistry. What kind of implants?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Ok guys what I know and what you know and what the dr knows are at least two different things. They have a failure on hand now ( delamination of resin, there is no good support),Its a cast two fixture bar with dovetails going distal wrapped with acrylic and denture teeth. No support typical hybrid wear but the ant cantilever is big so improving the AP spread by using the attachments is actually good. I just did a full arch ZI case with this dude so he is pretty excited about Zi, I told him I would this case a go, but I sure wish this case went to another lab or I told him getting zi in existing attachments was going to be impossible:)

Top Bottom