Retrieving IO scans for in-house milling

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Although I don't currently mill anything in-house, the prospect of offering fast turnarounds for materials such as emax intrigues me.
My question is which IO scanners allow you to get the scan immediately from the doctors without the hassle of going through an intermediate such as Itero. I questioned them about this and they replied ", there is no way that the lab receives the scans without being processed by us ( modeling and interpretation ) as these stages need to make sure that the necessary data was captured from the scanning process, this is in order to avoid chair time and re-work in the practice."

So do the Trios and 3M users have to go through the same process? It would be great if we could immediately retrieve the scans like the "Cerec" docs get to do. This would definitely provide some competition for them.

Your thoughts?

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
TRIOS cases make their way to my inbox generally within 10 minutes from being sent. I think they are carried by pigeons at some point.

3M scans in most cases go through an automated system if there's nothing horribly bad in the scan. Ready for marking is pretty much instant, having the files downloadable after margin marking usually < 15 minutes.

It doesn't look like there's any human interaction with Cerec scans either.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Model less here for all IO scan files. Quadrant scans.

Interesting! All I need now is the DOF and some parameter settings from you. :) How are the contacts going...do you have the glaze figured into the settings?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Interesting! All I need now is the DOF and some parameter settings from you. :) How are the contacts going...do you have the glaze figured into the settings?

Glazing is worked out into my settings. Most all are adjusted with rubber points chair side. Occasional stinker.Hmmmm2

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Planscan, Carestream, Trios.

2th, do you have a favorite as far as working with these? Or are they all fairly user-friendly in the import and margin-marking process?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I have the most experience with PlanScan.
After scanning stl export is easy, free, and then sending through FTP site. PM me if you want details.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i would agree the same day planscan is a great option

krashd133

krashd133

Reaction score
I think its something with the iTero technology, they have to combine individual scans...used to take 8-10 hours, now its down to 3-5 hours but its 10 year old tech at this point

All the other systems are instant, ie under 15min

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
I think its something with the iTero technology, they have to combine individual scans...used to take 8-10 hours, now its down to 3-5 hours but its 10 year old tech at this point
iTero also has humans marking margins.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
If u are using trios inbox is there a difference in price and support? What about support and license fees?

MetalMachine

MetalMachine

Reaction score
Planscan has a good system mostly but our doctors had issues with intraoral scanner and refused to use it. Only one of speed krowns fit well, few were somehow ok, rest we had to do again traditionally. And a lot of scans we couldn't use at all. Some problems must be caused by a user but we hadn't that much problems with Trios.

2thm8kr
Did you use Romexis? It was really nice to see x-rays and stuff. Photoes weren't that good quality but gave some hint.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Planscan has a good system mostly but our doctors had issues with intraoral scanner and refused to use it. Only one of speed krowns fit well, few were somehow ok, rest we had to do again traditionally. And a lot of scans we couldn't use at all. Some problems must be caused by a user but we hadn't that much problems with Trios.

2thm8kr
Did you use Romexis? It was really nice to see x-rays and stuff. Photoes weren't that good quality but gave some hint.

Yes, been using Romexis since it debuted in the States with PlanScan. Also have the 3d module and smile design module.

Top Bottom