Restorations Du Jour

Shaun Keating

Shaun Keating

Reaction score
No I dont do courses. But I don see a need for doing stuff in a productive way. So many cources on doing the perfect single anterior using a glass slab and mixing 10 or 15 powders and using a tiny brush.
Come back to the lab and go broke trying to do it.

Im already cutting back on work before I have a break down. Sometimes I dont talk to a Dr for 5 months then out of the blue they send 15 units with no call. Whats up with that?

When I mentioned about working by the week before. Here are the cases I glazed week before last. The full lower in the first pics are in this bunch.
69 units way too much work for one person (wife does all the model work). But its doable for short stents.

View attachment 2910

You know Al, I always tell my friends this field is a tough one......and it can be miserable at times making a little bit of money, and it still can be miserable making lots of money.....but it's sooooooooo much better making mo money:cool: You should surround yourself with some people, and do at least 69 units a day....you won't work any harder, just smarter. And whoever said money doesn't buy happiness....well, there full of you know what:)

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
You know Al, I always tell my friends this field is a tough one......and it can be miserable at times making a little bit of money, and it still can be miserable making lots of money.....but it's sooooooooo much better making mo money:cool: You should surround yourself with some people, and do at least 69 units a day....you won't work any harder, just smarter. And whoever said money doesn't buy happiness....well, there full of you know what:)

I've always heard its more comfortable to cry in your Porsche than your pinto;)

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I've always heard its more comfortable to cry in your Porsche than your pinto;)

Shaun dgesn't have a crappy porshe to cry in as far as I know he has this bad ass mambajamba.

skeats.jpg
skeats.jpg

Last edited:
NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Al, have you tried any full contour HT cases? Any photos?

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Really nice Al, really really nice.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Love the gingival staining on the implant crowns.Nice attention to detail during your busy season.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Thanks, those forms were from smile lines silicone molds.
Those were the small triangle shaped.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Thanks, those forms were from smile lines silicone molds.
Those were the small triangle shaped.

Is that new or have you always used silicone molds. I have considered such options but never tried. I may need to give it some more thought. Very nice.
What I like is the consistency you seem to have. You have really refined your system. That is when we can really make some money, great work....done quickly. I'm fast but I bet you jam.

Thanks for the inspiration.

NathanNever

NathanNever

Reaction score
Really a good job, a source of inspiration, as is rightly said Ejada.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Bravo! Please continue to share them with us!

D

dhdc

Reaction score
Amazing work again Al,couple of questions,are the implants full emax press on titanium bases?,and ..if i could produce work of your quality,i would be slightly concerned that some of my clients would worry about the amazing anatomy and shapes,its amazing how many times they come in to tell me the laterals look different,or the centrals are not perfectly the same length.
I think because your work is so natural,and you get every aspect,in shape,color ,effects etc,spot on,the irregularities enhance your work.I think i struggle to get all these thing right in my bigger jobs,therefore i keep looking at them thinking"somethings not right"
When i look at your work,i would like to think in my mind i have the dexterity to do it,but how you get there is my problem!I guess thats the difference between being a good technician,and a great artist like yourself,

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Amazing work again Al,couple of questions,are the implants full emax press on titanium bases?,and ..if i could produce work of your quality,i would be slightly concerned that some of my clients would worry about the amazing anatomy and shapes,its amazing how many times they come in to tell me the laterals look different,or the centrals are not perfectly the same length.
I think because your work is so natural,and you get every aspect,in shape,color ,effects etc,spot on,the irregularities enhance your work.I think i struggle to get all these thing right in my bigger jobs,therefore i keep looking at them thinking"somethings not right"
When i look at your work,i would like to think in my mind i have the dexterity to do it,but how you get there is my problem!I guess thats the difference between being a good technician,and a great artist like yourself,

Hi dhdc,
yes those are just emax with a hole in the middle. I waxed them full contour then put the hole in it for the screw. The Dr bonded them on to make them screw retained crowns.
I am really suprised how well Lt ingots block out the abutments. He sent them with the case. He is a cerec Dr and scanned the site and had glidwell send the abutments for me to wax to.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Is that new or have you always used silicone molds. I have considered such options but never tried. I may need to give it some more thought. Very nice.
What I like is the consistency you seem to have. You have really refined your system. That is when we can really make some money, great work....done quickly. I'm fast but I bet you jam.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Ejada, no I just started usiing the molds. I use them alot for anterior arangements. And for checking for framework design. They really save me ALOT of time. They are new to me because untill now I could only find the preformed ones not the silicone mold type where I can make my own.

Im going to post a case in the works now I used them on. And it was really fast for what I used them for. The first was on the wax frame and I used the small round, what I waxed on the frame was the Triangle small.