Restorations Du Jour

H.Ross

H.Ross

Reaction score
Awesome work and photography too. Are these layred emax? Bottom pic looks splinted ....... a splinted temp...?

Thank you! Layered Zirconia, used Vita VM9, bottoms are Zr crowns over Zr frame.. Will post full pictures soon!

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
Beautiful work. Does the LiSi press have a reaction layer after pressing like emax ?

C

charles007

Reaction score
Al, what happened to the reaction layer ? newer oven or the ingots

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Hi charles. I've pressed about 60 ingots and this is how they are coming out.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Hi charles. I've pressed about 60 ingots and this is how they are coming out.

Al, are the small sprues required with this material for venting purposes? It would seem that it would cause discoloration when removed.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Are you restricted to GC layering porcelain or will the ctes allow eMax ceram? Looks like a nice product but really don't want to invest in another system. My LD work has dropped so much as my zirconia work has exploded. I almost only use emax for veneers anymore.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Are you restricted to GC layering porcelain or will the ctes allow eMax ceram? Looks like a nice product but really don't want to invest in another system. My LD work has dropped so much as my zirconia work has exploded. I almost only use emax for veneers anymore.
Don't know I don't have ceram any more.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Al, are the small sprues required with this material for venting purposes? It would seem that it would cause discoloration when removed.
Ha no those are little handles.
I have hole in my hemostat that matches to clip onto.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
For Veneers you will love the enamel ingots !!!! Game changer.

Ivoclar will probably will come out with their version of LD enamel ingot now. But will be way late to the game because they only listen to sales #s NOT techs. Never have. Evidenced by them pulling all sales reps except to the high production users.
Ivoclar responds quickly to sales numbers
GC we requested dedicated enamel replacement ingots for press and stain veneers.
We got it !! From E 59 to Bleach.
Mark my words Ivoclar will come out with their version but not because we didn't ask but only cause of sales drop.

The 2 veneer cases above are enamel ingots. Press and glaze.
Stronger material by 50 mpa but softer to grind and put texture in.
At least in my hands.
image.png

doug

doug

Reaction score
Al, how different is the pressing process as far as time and temp? Can you use the preset programs in the EP 3000 or 5000?

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Close but different so I made a program

Actually were given parrimeters but not right for US. I think different power.
So I had 2 miss presses to get temp correct.
And have pressed over 60 times so far.
2 miss presses. Super important for me to be into production from day one.
No time for technique sensitive stuff like multi ingots or trouble shooting

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
was able to repair three that I cracked from grinding to fast.
Peg putty ran up in furnace to pressing temp and down. And perfectly healed crack.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
So any chance we will see a millable option. I'm looking to use my scanner for veneers to exactly match the diagnostic wax ups I do for cases. And doing stain and glaze without any cutbacks will make this work even better.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
So any chance we will see a millable option. I'm looking to use my scanner for veneers to exactly match the diagnostic wax ups I do for cases. And doing stain and glaze without any cutbacks will make this work even better.
Yes