Restorations Du Jour

D

DeVreugd

Reaction score
Ughhhh !! I also commited to being in their line up in Chicago. Holy Crap, I talk to myself all the time but never other people. I just smile and nod.
Ha as long as I wear brown underwear nobody will notice anything.

Looking forward to seeing you in Chicago! You will be do my friend!

Russ

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing you in Chicago! You will be do my friend!

Russ
Russ something very interesting, last Feb in Chicago was the first lab meeting I've been to in several years. Last one before that was Fl when I saw Doug and his lab techs.
I was just wandering around and had around 20 people come up and introduce themselves. Some from other countries. They thanked me for the techniques and cases I posted here and on FB over the last 5 or so years.
Very surprising how the Internet has connected so many labs and techs.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Russ something very interesting, last Feb in Chicago was the first lab meeting I've been to in several years. Last one before that was Fl when I saw Doug and his lab techs.
I was just wandering around and had around 20 people come up and introduce themselves. Some from other countries. They thanked me for the techniques and cases I posted here and on FB over the last 5 or so years.

Kind of creepy Al,:spy: and I was one of those stalkers.

But seriously, great to meet you. Paul

D

DeVreugd

Reaction score

You have inspired many Al...... You are a natural! Now start your engine!!! If I can help, let me know!!

doug

doug

Reaction score
Al, should I see if we can get you on the list for next years FDLA meeting? Might as well get you on the roster now.

M

martintay

Reaction score
Not my best- But don`t mind shareing !

ai42.tinypic.com_35jciyw.jpg
ai43.tinypic.com_ilvzug.jpg
ai42.tinypic.com_4i241w.jpg
ai44.tinypic.com_n33vbb.jpg

Central wasn`t short on margin- just a bit of reccession from temps.
ai42.tinypic.com_35jciyw.jpg ai43.tinypic.com_ilvzug.jpg ai42.tinypic.com_4i241w.jpg ai44.tinypic.com_n33vbb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Al.

Al.

Reaction score
That's nice ! Real nice and clean and nice tissue.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Very nice Martin, with the complexity of this case, came out excellent. Your "not my best", could be others "very best". Nice glaze, surface texture and warm color. What porc. did you use?

M

martintay

Reaction score
That's nice ! Real nice and clean and nice tissue.
Thanks Al , coming from you thats made my day. This was a while ago and as usual not enough time to spend on it. One build + small correction !!

M

martintay

Reaction score
Very nice Martin, with the complexity of this case, came out excellent. Your "not my best", could be others "very best". Nice glaze, surface texture and warm color. What porc. did you use?
Thanks Car54 , a few years ago ( just dug it out to reflect) Omega 900, which Vita were crazy to stop producing ! On reflection i would have textured more and hand polished more ( photo`s show up these things under macro) Also at the time i would have "chipped - up" incisals and made more uneven , but the patient wanted a smooth even appearence ! So i lost my nerve :( Don`t like remakes !! Oh and you will notice upper right first premolar is "Lighter"- from what i remember the dentist wanted a layered Zr , god only knows why !!

Last edited:
Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Martin for comparison look at this patients hygiene. She comes from out of state to see this Dr. Full screw retained uppe,r and this is a 2nd frame try in. The first she didn't like the wax up so it came back for changes.

Makes me want to vomit to see her pics. And she is so picky.

ai1292.photobucket.com_albums_b566_CDLAB01_51C87231_zps0abcf93b.jpeg

She insists on this overlap. And look at her tissue on the upper she is wearing a upper screw retained denture of some kind and it has a lot of flanges so is dosent come off often and it has her tissue inflamed. You can see the line of red to pink on her tissue marking the borders of the restoration.
LOL this is the ugly side of the job.

ai1292.photobucket.com_albums_b566_CDLAB01_51C87236_zpscbd3ee98.jpeg
ai1292.photobucket.com_albums_b566_CDLAB01_51C8723B_zps61716a1f.jpeg
ai1292.photobucket.com_albums_b566_CDLAB01_51C87231_zps0abcf93b.jpeg ai1292.photobucket.com_albums_b566_CDLAB01_51C87236_zpscbd3ee98.jpeg ai1292.photobucket.com_albums_b566_CDLAB01_51C8723B_zps61716a1f.jpeg

M

martintay

Reaction score
Thanks for posting Al , see what you mean now about nice tissue on that one of mine ! Free tooth- brush with every case could be in order- but i don`t think your patient will use it much !! LOL

P

paulg100

Reaction score
I got inspired by Al's work and some of the other people on face book so heres a little study case i knocked up with ceramic tissue.

This is In-line after several bakes.
The frame is laser sintered cr/co.

aimageshack.com_a_img812_3725_1omx.jpg
aimageshack.com_a_img41_9434_1j3h.jpg
aimageshack.com_a_img22_769_xmhh.jpg
aimageshack.com_a_img844_3056_cm7a.jpg

I dont seem to get these cases any more as my clients are either restoring this kinda work with overdentures or they've been put off using ceramic for this due to the bubble gum look of ceramic tissue they have had done from previous labs.

Im sure we all agree that if done properly, gum work in ceramic looks really nice.

oh and before anyone mentions it.. yes im aware this is not a hygienic design, this is not how i would do this for a real case. the purpose of this was just to play around with the inline tissue ceramics.
aimageshack.com_a_img812_3725_1omx.jpg aimageshack.com_a_img41_9434_1j3h.jpg aimageshack.com_a_img22_769_xmhh.jpg aimageshack.com_a_img844_3056_cm7a.jpg

Last edited:
JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Very artistic, add the ling picture to Facebook it's awesome!

M

martintay

Reaction score
Superb ! I will also say i`ve always rated Ivoclars Gingival porcelain, right back to IPS Classic - i think because it has a nice translucent quality which avoids that opaqueish "bubble Gum" appearence !

P

paulg100

Reaction score
thanks shame about the crud on the margins on the lingual image, should of spent a bit more time there.

dont think id have any trouble with other makes of gum ceramic Martin, at the end of the day the bottle colours are just a starter. you can make up any gum colours and intensities with the rest of the trans powders in whatever kit your using.

M

martintay

Reaction score
thanks shame about the crud on the margins on the lingual image, should of spent a bit more time there.

dont think id have any trouble with other makes of gum ceramic Martin, at the end of the day the bottle colours are just a starter. you can make up any gum colours and intensities with the rest of the trans powders in whatever kit your using.

Agreed Paul - if your getting paid for that extra time and effort.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
That's beautiful.
There's a good market for fixed with tissue replacement. I get quite a bit of cases from docs that tell me they like my pink porc work and keep me in mind when they have a case come up needing it.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
You nailed it Paul !!! Beautiful result ! You're using twin flash for your photography or studio flash with softbox ?