Restorations Du Jour

cheadlemick

cheadlemick

Reaction score
I use the Authentic stains and they are fluorescent Paul!

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Heres the posterior. I like the white and the 4 A - D shades.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_1_6_zps7696f878.jpg

cheadlemick

cheadlemick

Reaction score
I am definitely getting those pastes! They look superb Al!

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Heres the posterior. I like the white and the 4 A - D shades.

I told Greg a few weeks ago that I thought you would eat that stuff up!! Awesome work;)

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
We love GC as well, great stuff AL

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
WOW. I'm sold. I gotta get me some of that. I've been thinking about those luster pastes for awhile. Very impressive. On a different note I just got the mono trac saw. Any tips would be great as I have been using the articulators for awhile but without the saw. Now I have the saw and can see I need to change a few things in how I'm pouring the models. I told Jim ( monotrac developer) he should ck out DLN as Monotrac is a hot item on here for many. Maybe we will hear from him. The saw is very cool. EJADA

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
WOW. I'm sold. I gotta get me some of that. I've been thinking about those luster pastes for awhile. Very impressive. On a different note I just got the mono trac saw. Any tips would be great as I have been using the articulators for awhile but without the saw. Now I have the saw and can see I need to change a few things in how I'm pouring the models. I told Jim ( monotrac developer) he should ck out DLN as Monotrac is a hot item on here for many. Maybe we will hear from him. The saw is very cool. EJADA

Yes we/wife loves the saw. We have the older one I think the new one is compact.
Like the place with vacumn to hand saw models so no dust or not as much.

One thing we do is or I insist she does is for full arch models with mutiple units she must saw the model in half first, other wise the heels get in the way of the saw and you end up with the wrong angle cuts. I put a mark on the front that helps line it up to keep from sawing underneith or in the middle of a die.
That is what took the most pratice like for multiple lower anteriors where space is tight.
Right next to it I have a lathe I put a diamond disk on th finish seperating close ones that are too close to finish with a hand saw.
I have to do that she is afraid of it.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
As far as the Luster paste I have several more cases to try it on this week and Ill post the results.

I have a few Drs that send me posterior emax. They are paying me over 100 more than they would for glidwell emax so I jump through hoops to make it worth their money.
I have a few of their cases this week, single posterior full contour emax that Im going to use the Paste on. Ill post the results and what I use.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
We love GC as well, great stuff AL

Do you use their porc ? Initial ?

Never tried it but they are sending me a full kit. Hope to have it this week because I have several metal ceramic cases to try it on.

My understanding is it was developed as a user friendly Creation. Same stuff made in the same factory intended for high end work but made to be easy to use compared to how difficult Creation is. I mean really you need severl layers and powders of creation to make it work. Thats why at all the demos they use 15 to 20 powers per unit. A full slab for 1 crown and a tiny stain brush to build with.
That is how you become a Starving Artist.

Some $ and contract issues caused them to seperate rather than be a Creation brand.

Looking forward to trying their tissue kit. Ivoclars is only fair.

Last edited:
Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Al, Initial is really beautiful, but you do need to use a few of the powders for get good color. The INside powders are awesome.. If youre doing custom shaded work, its a must.. For straight shades, A2,A3.. I use a shade darker on the cervical.. or the opaque dentin.

Post some of those cases in the 'All things Initial' thread I started!

And when you say, 'theyre sending me a full kit' is this to get you on their team or what?!

cumino

cumino

Reaction score
URL=http://s1011.photobucket.com/user/cumino52/media/Lab/Screenshot_2013-04-16-09-37-20.jpg.html] ai1011.photobucket.com_albums_af238_cumino52_Lab_Screenshot_2013_04_16_09_37_20.jpg[/URL]

Get goodxresults with emax stains, must try Lustre paste, had it sitting here for a year

Emax on 47...just found Lustre paste difficult..but its all in the technique! Nice one Al
ai1011.photobucket.com_albums_af238_cumino52_Lab_Screenshot_2013_04_16_09_37_20.jpg

Edy

Edy

Reaction score
we had a course on GC 2 months ago here in israel , they invited me but i was "too busy" and i didnot went , now from what i see here i really missed something good :(.

But i am thinking on getting the lusters pastes and a few bottles of gc initial porcelain too just to give it a try .

Can you explain to me from what this system is made of ? it has only one powder (white ) and you have to luster paste paint it after the tooth is built ? or they have enamel / translucent / opals and other powders too like other companies ? Thanks

Edy.

Last edited:
Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
EDY i think you are talking about the Initial one body porcelain.. Maybe I missed an earlier post, but these can be built with just ONE shade, then stained/characterized. The full initial kit has about 30 modifiers. You can also mix and match any of the Initial MC ONE BODY porcelains, with any Initial MC porcelain.. If you want a clear incisal edge, you can use the cl-f or window on it... Then you use the lustre pastes to get a 'blend'/ add chroma..

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
Old School. Full Coverage powder on refractory. Tried to access my inner thomas singh. Don't think I quite made it,LOL. Tried to get that brightness contrast thing he does on the mesial incisal on one central also. ai1326.photobucket.com_albums_u647_dentalmike_3171301630ec46f105db4c0e104d4953_zpsbb728254.jpg
ai1326.photobucket.com_albums_u647_dentalmike_3171301630ec46f105db4c0e104d4953_zpsbb728254.jpg

Principefly

Principefly

Reaction score
Al, the Lustre Pastes that you used are the 'Lustre Pastes NF' right?

D

Daniela

Reaction score
Al. Also the cervical color went on and blended as if I had stained then layered a little over it. Really worth it for me to be able to snow cap the cusps of lower posteriors. Not really worried about upper occlusals cant see them. But I think with some more practice I can consistantly get a layered look to mono. But it is kind of funky going on. Like what the heck is this?[/QUOTE said:
It looks kind of "funny" while applying, but since I was told that this paste is actually a low fusion porcelain I go crazy with it. I use it over opaque and dentin on PFM, I glaze with it the e-max crowns. I use the refresh liquid in the jar to get the paste to Elmer glue consistency and hardly ever do I dilute with the diluting liquid. I use the diluting liquid mostly to clean or get the brush wet. Keeping the paste on the thick side helps to get texture on the facial of the crowns by running a clean brush up and down or horizontal at the cervical. I am careful with the thicker paste on the M and D because contacts will be too tight.
Their light gray paste is perfect for reducing the luminosity of the crown. I tried other gray stains and this is the best in my opinion.