Restorations Du Jour

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Dang! Nice! What settings did you use on the first picture?:)
Well they are all the same Im on M mode and I adjust the F Stop to control the exposure.
Usually go between 25 and 29 f stop and have white balance set on K with the number around 5300 to 5600 depending on the shade.
Angles are really important so I take several pics at different angles some very slight differences but it does make a difference like these two even if slight.
The first is slightly shooting downwards compared to the 2nd

IMG_8697 - Copy.JPG
IMG_8700 - Copy.JPG

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
The work looks very nice. Love the surface texture. I've never been able to achieve it. Anyway, where do I find info on LISI pellets.?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
So simple...of course. I didn't even think of that. Which in my case, maybe says a lot :p Thanks, 2th :)

Last edited:
JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Al borrowed John Wilsons phone to get those pictures.

I finally got around to replace the fancy camera combo that got stolen when we had the break in. I also just bought a stationary studio to make even my poor understanding of photography slowly improve. I sure hope to get the hang of it after my big investment.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I finally got around to replace the fancy camera combo that got stolen when we had the break in. I also just bought a stationary studio to make even my poor understanding of photography slowly improve. I sure hope to get the hang of it after my big investment.
Just hire a photographer money bags.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Just hire a photographer money bags.

LOL I wish!

This box is a pretty cool set up, it was introduced for jewelry e-commerce shots and the software on the computer controls the camera. It has a bunch of cool lighting options to negate the need for special flash. Its motorized turntable allows you to do some cool animation stuff to look at product from all sides by dragging and manipulating the image. The coolest feature to me is the automatic expansion of the depth of field that will take a bunch of photos at different focus points and stitches the sharp photo together to gain a much deeper depth of field. I think the term is Focus stacking. Yes I know very little about photography :)

I have some big plans for new interactive web portal to educate clients on techniques that will incorporate this sort of interactive photography.

It will also be used to log in all casework in a more automatic means to have better record of what is sent with cases. It will also allow a much easier record keeping for implant parts ingots and denture teeth. Since we are moving towards sending all of our invoicing completely digitally we will eliminate the need to record lot and reference number long hand. Everything will be contained in a pdf that will be sent when we invoice the case. It will also be stored in the cloud as well allowing our clients an easy path to log into their specific portal at their convenience.

So some will say this is an extravagant tool that's not needed but I need a streamline way to make ANYONE in my lab confident and competent to use the camera.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
LOL I wish!

This box is a pretty cool set up, it was introduced for jewelry e-commerce shots and the software on the computer controls the camera. It has a bunch of cool lighting options to negate the need for special flash. Its motorized turntable allows you to do some cool animation stuff to look at product from all sides by dragging and manipulating the image. The coolest feature to me is the automatic expansion of the depth of field that will take a bunch of photos at different focus points and stitches the sharp photo together to gain a much deeper depth of field. I think the term is Focus stacking. Yes I know very little about photography :)

I have some big plans for new interactive web portal to educate clients on techniques that will incorporate this sort of interactive photography.

It will also be used to log in all casework in a more automatic means to have better record of what is sent with cases. It will also allow a much easier record keeping for implant parts ingots and denture teeth. Since we are moving towards sending all of our invoicing completely digitally we will eliminate the need to record lot and reference number long hand. Everything will be contained in a pdf that will be sent when we invoice the case. It will also be stored in the cloud as well allowing our clients an easy path to log into their specific portal at their convenience.

So some will say this is an extravagant tool that's not needed but I need a streamline way to make ANYONE in my lab confident and competent to use the camera.
Hi again John, please call me about this!!! Dave 902 481 1151 or text 902 986 3473

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
This could go in the facepalm thread I suppose...
Call from doc today. Says he doesn't know what to do. Sounds super bummed out. He seating six veneers and finds out pt had 8 and 9 temps pop off and rather than go back to dentist they decided to super glue them back on. Apparently the doc couldn't clean them off well enough and re-impressed. Yay.:banghead:
But since I kinda liked them I thought the Du Jour wouldn't mind.
MT BL3 ingots, stained to A1 with A3 stumps. Margins were placed facially where I couldn't figure out how to close black triangle without making it look like a flat wall.
(iphone pics. the real camera will be bought in the near future)
super glue veneers.jpg

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Al, how do you keep uppers that are in their correct upper position, suspended in place? I like your light diffusers :)
Yes case is upside down so the crowns don't fall off.
I just turn pic right side up with the computer

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thank you Al, such a simple solution, makes sense :)

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Nice work Al, they seem translucent I could see the dots you placed for depth. Stump shades should be perfect with this vitality lmo.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
@Al.
What powder are you framing the incisal with in photo #1?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
It seems that every time you do the opposite of the instruction manual, you end up with a better result.

Nice one Al.