Renfert Vortex

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I needed brushes for my Vortex Suction. Its 20yrs. old. Anyway, Renfert wants about $90 for a set of brushes. Umm.... The same brushes in my Festool CT22e fit just fine. $35.00.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Festool? That sounds like something I passed after eating chicken from the vendor on Broadway.

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
Buy brushes or re-motor from Grainger.com. Easy and cheap.

J

Jorge

Reaction score
How much is a new motor?
A new motor for Renfert Silent TS is about 130 euros I think, it includes new brushes and new bearings.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Vaniman now has (for awhile) with either their blue dot, or red dot motors (I forget which one, and I'm not going to take the back panel off to see ;) ) a series of continuous brushes that are lined up on top of the housing that continually feeds a new brush as the other wears out, like box cars on a train. I can't remember how many (6?). When they run out you replace the whole motor and get the new motor with its brushes.

It's great in not having to dismantle the unit every time the brushes need to be replaced, but a waste of a good motor that could have lasted longer. They say the motor should be replaced after so many brush changes anyway, but I was able to go way beyond that previously with the other (manually change them out) motor, before I had to chuck it in.

Last edited:
sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
How much is a new motor?
A new motor for Renfert Silent TS is about 130 euros I think, it includes new brushes and new bearings.

I was quoted close to $400 for the motor from Renfort.. I could not source a motor that would cross over to the model number in my unit. I must of called 10 places. I'm sure its out there , I just haven't found it yet.