Quick Cure Acrylic

T

Tina P

Reaction score
Was using the Protech Plus Self cure monomer to make my flippers and they no longer are selling it. Any ideas on something close that gets no porosity and doesn't slump? Thanks

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Was using the Protech Plus Self cure monomer to make my flippers and they no longer are selling it. Any ideas on something close that gets no porosity and doesn't slump? Thanks
For salt n pepper?
I've been using Perm by Coltene Whaledent for that over last decade or so. It has good working time and doesn't slump if you don't overwet.
10 minute cure at 120F & 20 PSI. No age fading.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
It ain't the acrylic that gives you bad results..... it's the technique (or lack of). Hi JMN

T

Tina P

Reaction score
For salt n pepper?
I've been using Perm by Coltene Whaledent for that over last decade or so. It has good working time and doesn't slump if you don't overwet.
Yes, salt n pepper

T

Techhelper

Reaction score
JBC and Company has a quick cure "Fix-it" Powder. Developed for small additions to removables, fill porosity in acrylic, quick set teeth and attachments. Use with standard cold cure monomer.

K

kytoothdude

Reaction score
Jet denture repair material. 5 minutes in hot water. I put it in the pressure pot for larger repairs. The color is a little light but it's quick and strong.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
snowrock makes TurboFix, stuff is awesome!

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
The last I heard from Adam at Protech was the they found a new supplier for one of the ingredients, just waiting for FDA approval. Who knows how long that will be.

T

Tina P

Reaction score
The last I heard from Adam at Protech was the they found a new supplier for one of the ingredients, just waiting for FDA approval. Who knows how long that will be.
Thank you!

B

Brandon Patrick

Reaction score
snowrock makes TurboFix, stuff is awesome!
Have you ever had problems with this stuff? I used to use when I was in a rush. I quit after having to redo a few tooth repairs and a small repair starting between centrals and just over incisive papilla popped back open when patient bit down. I followed their instructions every time. (I always roughen the acrylic surface and tooth bonding surface just to be safe). No porosity though and super fast cure time!

D

Davesgone

Reaction score
Mannnnnn.... I love this acrylic and monomer. It’s been a struggle not having it handy.

D

Davesgone

Reaction score
For salt n pepper?
Can you use it for salt and pepper one tooth flippers?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Have you ever had problems with this stuff? I used to use when I was in a rush. I quit after having to redo a few tooth repairs and a small repair starting between centrals and just over incisive papilla popped back open when patient bit down. I followed their instructions every time. (I always roughen the acrylic surface and tooth bonding surface just to be safe). No porosity though and super fast cure time!
been using it for many months now. zero issues at all.