Quality and consistency of an OEM analog vs. aftermarket analog

greeny

greeny

Sponsors
Reaction score
What is your guys' experience between the quality and consistency of an OEM and aftermarket analog? If you're not using OEM parts, which aftermarket brands do you prefer? Is it simply price that drives your decision? Thanks for the feedback!

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I have used 3rd party analogs a lot, but I also have done a side by side test to compare any differences. Only to find that there was hardly any! Implant Directs analogs are great, in fact I found them to have a better fit over some OEM analogs. Mainly the price was the reason for the switch. But at the same time if the 3rd party analog works just as well as the OEM one, is there a big risk using them? To me no, but If your Dr. is a key speaker for an Implant company it is wise to use that companies OEM parts to keep the relationship healthy. Cause if he uses your case in his presentation and you have JOE BLOWS analogs in the model work some one is gonna catch some heat!

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
That decision should be up to the dentist not the lab.

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
You are totally right Tom.. We need to let the responsibility lie with the Dentists, I've heard of labs being sued over 3rd party implant parts.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
That decision should be up to the dentist not the lab.

My Newest implant RX will have a box that says

Use of competitive components OK

It will be bold and big and RED

If its not checked then only parts from the fixtures originator will be used.

Some of the 3rd party analogs are a lot better, anodized aluminum is the new thing, and I hate them. I remember when the good ones were SS and you could solder right on them with no issues.

I think litigation isn't the worst thing in the world when you have communication and client acceptance on your side prior. Implied consent will not fly when the **** hits the fan, get it in writing!

greeny

greeny

Sponsors
Reaction score
I appreciate the responses but unfortunately this went down a road that's irrelevant to my use for these parts (and the reason I'm asking the question). For more context, the analogs I'm going to be using are for sample models/parts and demonstrations. I can obviously only produce bars and implants as consistent as the implant components I'm going to be using. I've already ran into trouble with the consistency of the analogs I have around my office, but unfortunately I don't know where they came from.

I like how DiamoDent has SS analogs for soldering (and they're priced right) because they'll last much longer than the Al ones with people constantly taking the sample parts on and off and checking the fits. They're also going to get a lot of extra use for demos and such.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I think you just hijacked your own thread.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
haha oh man, you're right... what a selfish jerk i am!

You're just good at multitasking.;)

Still a good thread. I can now admit to soldering on an analog.

Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score
Hi All,

As you know doing CAD-CAM bar with my company i see new, old, brand new and brand "whatever I don't know what is that" analog.

With our scanning technology that is precises in more then an (1) micron we realized that many company are far to be consistant.

THeres some aftermarket company that produce nice replica but some that are very bad. The worst thing we see is when we work with aluminium analog. That the worst we can have, try to stay in SS it way better.
I know also that some people try to re-use their analog to save money, but do not forget that on multi-implant structure doing that it getting one more chance that the final product do not fit perfectly. A company like mine we scan directly your analog, we do not use positioner, flag, pin (whatever you want to call them) to scan a case. So if your analog is not good or right it increase the risk of being off.

At least on the other hand we do have an incredible technology to scan the analog that even if the analog is almost completly wasted we still have a chance to do something, but with high risk but doable. When a lab use brand new analog it always better for you, for me, for the dentist but more important for our patient!

Still, I can understand that sometime when you have to deal with a forein implant complany or a very old one and the only analog you can get are very old one, used and broken, we have a miracle department doing all they can do ;)

As a matter of fact this is so a big reality that we have decided to offer analog and screws to the market in a near futur, we plan to sell them at 15$/analog (SS) and 12$/screw (Ti) whatever the brand.

It is not yet available but it will be soon, still need to make a bigger inventory since I think it will get out fast.

If you want detail on that, call me or email me it will be a pleasure.

www.pantheradental.com

Oh and btw we will have a newsletter soon on our website so like that if you leave your e-mail it will be easier to know about our new product and feature such as that.
Also, forgot to say that we will also sell couple of attachement also in this department.

Best regards,

Bernard Robichaud

Last edited:
greeny

greeny

Sponsors
Reaction score
Thanks Bernard, I was planning to use SS as I assumed they'd be more precise/consistent. It would also hold up better as a sample model (and getting lots of use). I'll give you a call as I'm interested to hear what you have to offer in the "analog department".

H

Hacker

Reaction score
Hello,

Try nt-trading analogs. Quality are very good.

greeny

greeny

Sponsors
Reaction score
do they have a US distributor?

K

kmgold1234

www.dess-usa.com
Reaction score
I am distributing the following:

Analogs - $9.00 each - made of stainless steel aisi 303.(they are silver color)
Lab Screws - $9.00 each - made from medical grade 5 Eli titanium, they have the same head connection as the manufacturer (i.e. Nobel Star Driver/Unigrip, Zimmer 050 hex, etc.)
All plastic castable abutments- engaging and non engaging - $18 without screw and $22 with screw.
Made of polyoxymethylene

Available Implant Systems-

Internal Connection -
Zimmer - BioHorizons
3i Certain
Astra
Straumann Bone Level
Straumann synOcta
Nobel Replace
Nobel Active
Friadent Xive

External Connection -