Quadhelix

L

labdude

Reaction score
So...here is something...just how to set it up to view here, I'm not sure. Directions say "Simply click on the wrap tags." What are wrap tags???

Video is about 5 minutes or so.
Quadhelix made from .036 straight length of spring hard SS wire. Just the bending, and tack weld. No solder work shown.

[YOUTUBE]aZTyHyAV2b8[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
P

partyteeth

Reaction score
Very interesting video, labdude--keep them coming! I notice that you make your QH a bit further up in the palate-is this standard for you or just the way that orthodontist wanted it? Anyway-thanks for taking the time to record making the QH. I'm a dog nut--have a black lab named George,who has no idea he's an animal--what kind of dogs were barking in the background?
partyteeth

L

labdude

Reaction score
Up in the palate is more comfortable for the patient. It is standard way I make them and the drs like it, so, they are all that way. Never had a request to change.
Dogs??? We have 3 Papillions. That guy in the background was Ozzie. He's my pal and was with me that day.
Thanks for the input on the video. It was my first and was really just messing about to see how it would work. New computer, new camera. Then had to sign up with YouTube. Upload was lengthy piece of time. But it all worked out well.
Thanks,
Mike.

yooper886

yooper886

Reaction score
Nice job Mike!! You make it look so easy, I made a few of those when I was in the Air Force and I know it is not as easy as you made it look. Or maybe that is why I no longer make ortho appliances, either way it was nice to see an artist at work. Keep them coming.

L

labdude

Reaction score
O.K. Jarhead!! Not everyone has excessive time to "diddle" their computer.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
O.K. Jarhead!! Not everyone has excessive time to "diddle" their computer.

Come on, you gotta admit that was pretty funny, next time try not to make it at your own expense......lol

"I said knock it off"......lol

great video, no idea what purpose that serves though, expand the posterior teeth towards the buccal would be my guess.....care to share with us ill educated ortho people?

Last edited:
L

labdude

Reaction score
Sorry I failed to put in the:D:D goodies. Yes it was funny. And yes I will in the future need my hand held. I'll check with you first for that.:)
Purpose??? You're right on, it expands the posterior arch.
Other purpose is that it allows me to live indoors and eat regularly. I get 24.44 for that gizmo. Cheap compared to some labs.