Processing clearsplint on printed resin instead of stone

O

OrthoSleepSup

Reaction score
We are trying to cut down on the number of splint duplicates we need to make daily. We have experimented with processing Clearsplint on printed resin models instead of duplicating a stone model and processing on that, but have not gotten clarity, lots of bubbles. Does anyone one do this now? Any tips?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
We are trying to cut down on the number of splint duplicates we need to make daily. We have experimented with processing Clearsplint on printed resin models instead of duplicating a stone model and processing on that, but have not gotten clarity, lots of bubbles. Does anyone one do this now? Any tips?
are you packing or pouring the clearsplint?
we always dupe, even on printed models. but this is an intriguing thread

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Just mill it, more accurate...your designing from scan rather than building off a duped printed model. Clearsplint comes in 98mm pucks.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Just mill it, more accurate...your designing from scan rather than building off a duped printed model. Clearsplint comes in 98mm pucks.
my mill is generally busy all day long so milling hasnt been on the docket for clearsplint yet. one day!

doug

doug

Reaction score
Printing is faster and cheaper. We've had very good results printing.

doug

doug

Reaction score
I don't know. That task is for tomorrow, I'm getting ready for trivia now.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
I would think Clearsplint would bond to the the 3d cast. Sounds like you are using a self-curing method.
Porosity is generally caused by not going in soon enough OR taking out too early. Keep in mind some elastomers polymerization can be retarded with presence of residual 3d resin,

Top Bottom