prettau style bridge...scan bodies or scan the inserts?

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
that's pretty much my question. We end up scanning a lot of titanium inserts, for a variety of reasons, instead of scan bodies. The results have been good but scan and design is a little trickier working from scanned inserts.

I don't remember the last one that we were able to used scan bodies for. Starting to think I don't need the 3shape implant bar module.

What are people doing for these?

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
I make really accurately fitting restorations over complex geometries all day long and I don't need scan bodies for that. Just sayin'

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
All the one we have done have been off of scan bodies. On 3shape you may run into an issue getting the gingival on the order if you scan off to bases.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

cnhart@me.com

[email protected]

Reaction score
You can generate your own library to make the part into its own scan body and define your cavity for the prosthesis. We do this and eliminate scan bodies
Fast, reliable and easy to check. Why would you want any other way? Gone are the days of needing a scan body to define accuracy - they’re simply there to lock you down to the company parts
Go to www.partmaker.com.au and send a message to them. They generate parts and libraries to order.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I have done more than 50 arches scanning the Ti bases and not using scan bodies, paired with Exocad with perfect results . I don't think I will ever use scan bodies for Prettau again . Much more efficient as you can choose the Ti bases of your liking , and significantly cheaper since you don't have to invest into buying 10s of scan bodies

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
I have done more than 50 arches scanning the Ti bases and not using scan bodies, paired with Exocad with perfect results . I don't think I will ever use scan bodies for Prettau again . Much more efficient as you can choose the Ti bases of your liking , and significantly cheaper since you don't have to invest into buying 10s of scan bodies

add the scanbody you like to each interface you like done therefore is the impl editor try in pmma with milled interface and finished work with one scan only . choose parts while processing.and not before.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
The whole ZirkonZahn 'Prettau' idea is based on scanned Ti. bases. And it works perfectly with the software provided (exocad).
The only downside, I see with Ti. bases, is, that it can be tricky to lute them in, especially on very divergent implants.

Top Bottom