Prettau/IZIR style EXOCAD Implant Bridge

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Thats pretty cool and looks pretty good. Is this available only from Argen or is it a module from 3Shape? Wonder what the mill time on that one is. Haha.
I milled one of those one time and it took about 5 hours lol

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
I milled one of those one time and it took about 5 hours lol

Geez. But I guess it's worth the time for how much you would charge for one of those. I'm assuming they have pink stains for the gingival ?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
That was on my Roland. May be more optimizes strategies now. That was awhile back. Fit perfect though;)

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
Not to be mean or stupid, but what exactly is an Iz-er restoration anyways??

Looks just like all the other Prettau stuff to me?

What's the actual innovation I am suppose to be noticing as the Iz-er part?

Just using WhitePeaks Zr instead of ZZ?? Is that the big innovation?

Can someone explain why it gets a special name when it is a product that already existed?

I think you even have to use the ZZ stains! LOL Just call it a Prettau then!

SUM3d, of course. (We changed it to "********")

It runs within exocad if you choose (we call it "PrimeCAD")

Is calling Prettau "Izir" different than what you're doing with SUM3D "********" and ExoCAD "PrimeCAD"
The idea of Izir is in fact Prettau, but Prettau uses zirkonzhan Scanner, software, interfaces, zr disks, and stains. The "Izir" uses CAP zr, NT Trading interfaces, with ZZ stains.
Prettau is the name of the zr, and so it's simply called "the Prettau bridge" why can't someone change the ingredients a little and call it what they want? Other wise all smartphones should be called Iphones, all cars should be Fords...

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score

Is calling Prettau "Izir" different than what you're doing with SUM3D "********" and ExoCAD "PrimeCAD"
The idea of Izir is in fact Prettau, but Prettau uses zirkonzhan Scanner, software, interfaces, zr disks, and stains. The "Izir" uses CAP zr, NT Trading interfaces, with ZZ stains.
Prettau is the name of the zr, and so it's simply called "the Prettau bridge" why can't someone change the ingredients a little and call it what they want? Other wise all smartphones should be called Iphones, all cars should be Fords...

Still on the holiday eggnog I see! LOL

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
:D:D:DThen maybe you should,,,,:D:D:D

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
OK OK seriously I thought your rant post was funny was funny that's all. No harm intended. Back to topic?

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
OK OK seriously I thought your rant post was funny was funny that's all. No harm intended. Back to topic?

That's cool. No I really have never had any. I've smelled it a few times, and I about loose my lunch.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Its great spiked, with spiced rum or brandy,,,adult milk shake. Your post about branding was funny because of its redundancy I found it to be somewhat ironic.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
1) Wait until the release of that gingaval function. (Feb. @ Chicago I think?)

2) Use Bite-Splint and/or the Denture Module in conjunction w/C&B Module....it works but is weird work-flow.

Scott can you elaborate some more of how the modules are used and the workflow?

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score

- Yes. Very much different!

- Our SUM3d has my strategys and now we finished developing the first replace feature for implants and bars. Only available from us!
Different from any other SUM3d, which just uses generic milling strategies.

- exocad makes ALL resellers re-lable the software to something else. Dont's aks me why?
Nobody advertiz4es the CAD as just "exocad". It must always be relabeled.

OK with you smart-a55? LOL

Last edited:
shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
- Yes. Very much different!

- Our SUM3d has my strategys and now we finished developing the first replace feature for implants and bars. Only available from us!
Different from any other SUM3d, which just uses generic milling strategies.

- exocad makes ALL resellers re-lable the software to something else. Dont's aks me why?
Nobody advertiz4es the CAD as just "exocad". It must always be relabeled.

OK with you smart-a55? LOL

Sure, smart-a55! I just like how you started off the post by saying "Not to be mean or stupid!" like you don't know what Izir is.

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
It is nothing but a name I guess?

No difference from pratteu except different Zirconia??

Can be done with any CAD, and you have to use ZirkonZahn coloring liquids anyways.

Still have no idea what makes it different from any other full arch Zr restoration on implants?

I find nothing new or innovative about it....sorry.

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score

Can be done with any CAD, and you have to use ZirkonZahn coloring liquids anyways.

Still have no idea what makes it different from any other full arch Zr restoration on implants?

So you don't know? .... that's ok.... maybe everyone they are marketing to will know.. I guess that's how it usually works....

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score

It's not trying to be new or innovative. It's just trying to separate there product from one that is already out there. Yes the idea is the same, even Bob says on this site that they are similar.

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
Prettau is a copyright name and you must have authorization from ZirkonZahn if you want to profit from it.
Illegal use can lead to liabilities and fines in a US court of law so rather find another name for it.
Anyways, 3shape software seems to be a bit ahead from EXOCAD on this subject, so I wonder if it wouldn't be a good idea to have the D900 next to the Blue. :) ?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
exocad will have the same features.

Just a few weeks away.

In the mean time, we have many other features that 3shape does NOT have.

Go buy a 3shape then! LOL

No Dentists gives a 5hit about the name Pratteu or Izir....Period.

Patients could also give a Rat's a55.