Post processing

D

drforbesdmd

Reaction score
Any know if heat is required to cure the formlabs biocompatible resins? The form cure heats up to 80C for some resins but its pricing was thinking of making my own little set up for less than a 1/3 of the cost.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
The heat is more byproduct than main intended effect. UV bulbs, even LEDs will get warm over time. You can cure with no intentional added heat whatsoever and many do. Baron Gruter DDS (check his website) has a setup using simply 2 nail salon curing units taped togetherto make a huge curing cavity.

edit:it's nice, not neccesary.

D

drforbesdmd

Reaction score
The heat is more byproduct than main intended effect. UV bulbs, even LEDs will get warm over time. You can cure with no intentional added heat whatsoever and many do. Baron Gruter DDS (check his website) has a setup using simply 2 nail salon curing units taped togetherto make a huge curing cavity.

edit:it's nice, not neccesary.
Yea i saw that! He is a great resource...Thanks....i was going to turn a drawer on a cart that i use to store the printer and resins into one, just wanted to make sure heat wasn’t necessary i do know that heat will improve the bond strength just was not sure if they difference was exponential.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
[...]not sure if they difference was exponential.
I think you'll need your secret decoder ring and a high level geek friend at the chemist shop for that exact answer.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Exponential, incremental.
You say tomato, I say potato.