Porcelain furnace Vacuum error

Dorota

Dorota

Reaction score
I am having a vacuum error on a very old porcelain oven. It either fires great with no issues at all and pulling full vacuum or on occasion just doesn't draw any vacuum at all even though the light indicates it should. The pump doesn't even make a noise and vacuum error pops up. I switched pumps, I cleaned the table, I made sure hoses are firmly attached. Looks like it doesn't sense it's time to pull vacuum. To me it looks like some kind of sensor that malfunctions. Any other ideas? It's too old to spend money on shipping and pay for repairs but if I can fix it myself, I apreciate the ideas. Any clues will be appreciated. Thanks!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I am having a vacuum error on a very old porcelain oven. It either fires great with no issues at all and pulling full vacuum or on occasion just doesn't draw any vacuum at all even though the light indicates it should. The pump doesn't even make a noise and vacuum error pops up. I switched pumps, I cleaned the table, I made sure hoses are firmly attached. Looks like it doesn't sense it's time to pull vacuum. To me it looks like some kind of sensor that malfunctions. Any other ideas? It's too old to spend money on shipping and pay for repairs but if I can fix it myself, I apreciate the ideas. Any clues will be appreciated. Thanks!
What make and model is it?
Did you check the programs to make sure they hadn't been corrupted by a recent power outage or thunderstorm?
Did you plug a lamp into the electrical outlet the pump runs from to see if there was *any* power coming out, but just not enough to run the pump?
Some ovens have two fuses, one for it and one for the pump outlet...

Something to start with at least until you can get the make/model so specific ideas can be put forward.

Dorota

Dorota

Reaction score
Thank for the reply JMN. It's an old Whipmix pro90 I bought 20 years ago and loved how it fired my porcelain. I switched outlets and I switched pumps so pumps are good. It does fire great when the pump kicks in, programs are not corrupted.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
....on occasion just doesn't draw any vacuum at all even though the light indicates it should. The pump doesn't even make a noise and vacuum error pops up....
It sounds like the relay switching that pump is about to give up... cheapo fix, but you need someone with some electronic know-how to do it

Dorota

Dorota

Reaction score
It sounds like the relay switching that pump is about to give up... cheapo fix, but you need someone with some electronic know-how to do it
I actually soldered one of the heating relays last year but it had a different error. Are you saying there is more than one relays responsible for different things? ( sorry , I have no clue but I enjoy learning! ) The error that pops up is a vacuum error for sure. This would be a cheap fix, that's for sure.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I actually soldered one of the heating relays last year but it had a different error. Are you saying there is more than one relays responsible for different things? ( sorry , I have no clue but I enjoy learning! ) The error that pops up is a vacuum error for sure. This would be a cheap fix, that's for sure.
A relay is basically a switch which is controlled with a small amount of current to operate, each circuit (heating, vac pump, etc.) will have their own relay...
Also test the vacuum pump separately

Dorota

Dorota

Reaction score
A relay is basically a switch which is controlled with a small amount of current to operate, each circuit (heating, vac pump, etc.) will have their own relay...
Also test the vacuum pump separately
nice, I think you are on to something and it's worth a try! Thanks!

Garland Dental Services

Garland Dental Services

Sponsors
Reaction score
Hi Dorota,
The people on here have given you some good advice! If you still have any issues, call in and ask for Omar. He'll be happy to help you out over the phone if possible. His hours are 7-4 central M-Th and 7-3 on Fridays. 1-800-981-6414.

Warm regards,
Rebekah

PS @LarryRDC - Thank you for thinking of us!

Top Bottom