Furnace Vacuum Settings

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
So as I was programming my new Multimat NTX, I find out that the vacuum runs through the entire cycle. On my old Ney QEX it would cut off after it reached the set parameters. It wouldn't be so bad if I still had that old Ney Super Vac pump because it was super quiet. Not so with the newer pumps. :arghh:

For those of you who have the newer models of porcelain furnaces, does your pump run continuously during a program cycle? I'm just curious which furnace manufacturers, if any, have the "cut off" feature on them.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
So as I was programming my new Multimat NTX, I find out that the vacuum runs through the entire cycle. On my old Ney QEX it would cut off after it reached the set parameters. It wouldn't be so bad if I still had that old Ney Super Vac pump because it was super quiet. Not so with the newer pumps. :arghh:

For those of you who have the newer models of porcelain furnaces, does your pump run continuously during a program cycle? I'm just curious which furnace manufacturers, if any, have the "cut off" feature on them.
It runs thru the entire cycle on an Ivoclar Programat furnace. I know what you mean tho, I used to use a Ney furnace and superpump.
After a while you won't even notice the vacuum running.

Last edited:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
After a while you won't even notice the vacuum running.
You'll also have devoloped a habit of saying "HUH?" after anyone speaks without you knowing they were about to talk.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Dekemas the same way, continuous vacuum. It's not pulling vacuum beyond the "settings" it's just never going to allow it to go below the setting. It was a bit of a revelation to me when I got that oven, compared to my Ultra-Mat CDF that would cycle on and off, after the vacuum dropped below a certain limit. What you ended up with PDC, is a good oven, that will give you better firing than what you were probably getting. My pumps are in a cabinet under the ovens, this helps muffle some of the noise.

As CRob said, after awhile you won't even really notice it.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Dekemas the same way, continuous vacuum. It's not pulling vacuum beyond the "settings" it's just never going to allow it to go below the setting. It was a bit of a revelation to me when I got that oven, compared to my Ultra-Mat CDF that would cycle on and off, after the vacuum dropped below a certain limit. What you ended up with PDC, is a good oven, that will give you better firing than what you were probably getting. My pumps are in a cabinet under the ovens, this helps muffle some of the noise.

As CRob said, after awhile you won't even really notice it.

"you won't even really notice it"...until I get on the phone. I guess I could always replace it with the old rotary vane style...but I shouldn't have to deal with an extra expenditure when a shut-off function would have been more logical.

user name

user name

Reaction score
They probably are trying to over come an issue with the chamber not being able to seal well and hold vacuum?

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
They probably are trying to over come an issue with the chamber not being able to seal well and hold vacuum?

Possibly, but my old QEX would come on if the vacuum dropped below the settings. For most programs, it would hold it without having to cut back on.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Try this test between both furnaces. Fire a clear and orange (modifier) shade tab in each furnace, and see if you can tell a difference. Enclose the pump if needed, or as you said, use another one.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I don't think so, but I've been using a Programat for so long I can't tell you what the reason for keeping the pump running is. @Patrick Coon?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
From what I may remember, for better more consistent firings when the vacuum is at full max compared to the on and off fluctuations, even if they are in a minimal cycle on, cycle off range.

Top Bottom