Plaster bin that holds 50lbs per compartment

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get a plaster bin that holds 50 lbs per compartment? All I see available are the 25lb

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get a plaster bin that holds 50 lbs per compartment? All I see available are the 25lb
25lb dog food container from the pet store. On wheels with a rubber moisture seal for under $30.

I have only broken one by lifting it when full and setting it on the counter heavily (okay, I kinda dropped it) with one foot/wheel very first in contact with the counter.

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
25lb dog food container from the pet store. On wheels with a rubber moisture seal for under $30.

I have only broken one by lifting it when full and setting it on the counter heavily (okay, I kinda dropped it) with one foot/wheel very first in contact with the counter.
I’ve got space issues,, would love to do it that way, but. I gotta get it up on the wall.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I was wondering about that. I don't miss the days of filling up the plaster bin, I just fill and use the little pails my
alumna oxide come in and store them in the wall cabinet. But I get it.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
I’ve got space issues,, would love to do it that way, but. I gotta get it up on the wall.
Keep your ceiling height in mind if you get a jumbo wall mount---- gotta give yourself room to stand on the counter and still get that bag/box high enough to dump in. I said F that years ago. I'm to old for that heave ho--- but we did hundos...

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
A lab I used to work at had the bin tubes, chutes come through the wall into the plaster area. On the other side of the wall
in the men's bathroom, were the bins, probably in the 50 - 75lb range for each.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Square laundry detergent buckets

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
why not just a sturdy shelf.....put the box the plaster comes in on the shelf?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
A lab I used to work at had the bin tubes, chutes come through the wall into the plaster area. On the other side of the wall
in the men's bathroom, were the bins, probably in the 50 - 75lb range for each.
poop chutes?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
poop chutes?

Close, when my dad worked there in the 60s, a new employee was asked to fill the bins. He forgot to put the covers
on the openings before he went into the other room to fill the bins. After a bit, he couldn't figure out why the bins weren't
filling up and why he could hear laughter coming from the other room. The plaster was coming out of the cute like a skier coming off the long jump
all over the counter and the floor.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
why not just a sturdy shelf.....put the box the plaster comes in on the shelf?

I like the idea, but if they're 50lb boxes like D.D. is wanting, how do you get to the plaster
easily unless their low enough, which then may get in the way?

Last edited:
sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I like the idea, but if they're 50lb boxes like D.D. is wanting, how do you get to the plaster
easily unless their low enough, which then may get in the way?

View attachment 33012
dunno lol
concerned with space and want room.....same goes for filling them. how do you fill something thats out of the way on the wall but can hold 50lb of stone?

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
Keep your ceiling height in mind if you get a jumbo wall mount---- gotta give yourself room to stand on the counter and still get that bag/box high enough to dump in. I said F that years ago. I'm to old for that heave ho--- but we did hundos...
Ha Ha , that made me smile ,every time i'm standing on the counter top with one foot in the sink & my neck bent over with my ear against the sprinkler head ,I think "there has to be a better way !" :)
beto-01-1.png

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
You do have a captivated audience there :)

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
poop chutes?
Ever put a pile of plaster along the bottom edge of the bathroom door and hit it with the air hose while an employee is on the pot? Even better if you get someone to flip the breaker off so the lights go out before spraying..... Funny but not very nice....

Top Bottom