PC for sum3D

F

Fane

Reaction score
I bought a milling machine (my first one),will be deliver to me in december, and I am in situation to configure a PC to run sum3D and I have a question for you: an pc with 120GB SSD and 500-1000GB HDD is ok to run sum3D? SSD to instal windows and sum3D, and HDD for storage (music, XXX :) and stuff). or I need a bigger SSD and no HDD for better experience? sum3d with all his stuff how much space need?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I bought a milling machine (my first one),will be deliver to me in december, and I am in situation to configure a PC to run sum3D and I have a question for you: an pc with 120GB SSD and 500-1000GB HDD is ok to run sum3D? SSD to instal windows and sum3D, and HDD for storage (music, XXX :) and stuff). or I need a bigger SSD and no HDD for better experience? sum3d with all his stuff how much space need?
Processor and memory please? Is this one you have on hand, or are you looking to build/buy?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
How fast you want sum 3D to calculate? What's your budget?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

F

Fane

Reaction score
thank you for answers
Processor and memory please? Is this one you have on hand, or are you looking to build/buy?
I have an i7-4790, 16Gb ram and NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
How fast you want sum 3D to calculate? What's your budget?
medium. :) I don't have a bigger production to justify an powerful PC, but I want to wait decent time to calculate.

sum3d with all his stuff how much space need?

F

Fane

Reaction score
thank you for answer zero_zero.

you think 120GB SSD is enough for windows and sum3D?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Yes, stl file will be the data, maybe a 1tb had for stl file storage, but xenon processor will be the best.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
thank you for answer zero_zero.

you think 120GB SSD is enough for windows and sum3D?
My whole setup is currently takes up about 90Gb...the old NC files fill up quite some space, those need to be cleaned up once in a while. The system is a modest Dell with an Intel i-5 and 6Gb of RAM...it works like a champ, there's no need for a high end gaming PC.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
If you run Sum and a bit other stuff only its more than enough if you use it as Exo or 3 S installation too i would go with 250 gb
so i would go with 250 ssd and use it as back up pc too.

F

Fane

Reaction score
this PC is for the CAM only. for Exocad I have another one.

Top Bottom