Palatal relief

appledental

appledental

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a doctor that wants me to do a palatal relief on a full upper appliance. What would i use for blockout during processing? Thanks for help.

Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

HMFIC
Reaction score
Use to use tin foil back in the day. Kept a roll of that around for yrs.

rex
-----------

appledental

appledental

Reaction score
Any specific foil or regular foil will do?

Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

HMFIC
Reaction score
Im sure you can get this anywhere if its what is still commonly used. Been along time since I did a full denture let alone palatal relief. Product Family Details

rex
--------

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
Tin foil is too thin. They make a relief metal. In a pinch or if you're not going to do a lot of these you can cut a piece of cardboard (not the corrugated kind) from your box of sheet wax and leave it covered with a small piece of plastipak (cellophane).

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
Plaster will work fine, leaves no edges to be concerned with, clean, and simple.

ai50.tinypic.com_1zwdq40.jpg
ai50.tinypic.com_1zwdq40.jpg

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
Except for that even thickness thing. especially when covering a tori. I always cut the relief metal at a bevel so edges are not a problem. Occasionally have to 'pleat' a relief for those really prominent tori.

Last edited:
jimi

jimi

Reaction score
i take pressure sensitive wax (as used for saddle relief in cast partial design) and apply to palate. Take sharp scalpel, and gently trim out shape of releif chamber, leaving clean edges around the opening. Slightly moisten model so that plaster mix will stick. Mix plaster and spread evenly into the cut-out. Allow to dry and then remove wax.

Top Bottom