opaquer question

artemis25

artemis25

Reaction score
Hi to all

I have a question that puzzles me. Is it acceptable to use a opaker paste from X company and builds a porcelain from Y company?
Is it possible to create a problem with this way?

To mention one example on the above. OPAKER paste with ivoclar inline and build with Creation powder.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Why would you even want to do that, Creation paste opaque is easier to use and covers better.
If you use different opaques, your shade may be off a little, some brands of opaque have more chroma to help with the shade.
Really a bad idea, but I've done it many times with different porcelains.

doug

doug

Reaction score
I think that goes against the GMP's for products. What problem are you having that you would want to do that anyway?

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
we used to do some work in ceramco 3 and we used creapaste opauqes, like charles mentioned they easy to use and they cover great- good results on final restorations

ceramco opauqes were a nightmare- base paste, crystals and color paste , crystal
i took way to long

now we keep it simple- Creation opauque with creation porcelain
with great results

artemis25

artemis25

Reaction score
I think that goes against the GMP's for products. What problem are you having that you would want to do that anyway?

I have many many stock of paste opaquer from other porcelain. My build is creation or GC. My question is whether doing good bond paste opaquer with build powder

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
As long as opaque fires higher than porc. and they are similar C.T.E.

Many people use Ceramco paste and crystals, then switch to ?? porc.
That was years ago, but I'm sure people still do it.

I like VITA opaque. You can use any porc. that fires under 940c with it. (staying in same family of CTEs.

Wyolab

Wyolab

Reaction score
How many remakes will negate the savings? Probably not many. If you are just feeling like you don't want the materials to go to waste why not sell them on this site?

C

charles007

Reaction score
i agree. i think the inline paste opaques cover very nicely and fire at 930C.
Creation paste fires at 980C.... C. Dentin a 920C......Shoulder margin 950C

artemis25

artemis25

Reaction score
I do not want to sell. Is very good layering very smooth but in the same brand the poweder material is suck (in my opinion).
So what I do is just paint the metal with this paste and stratified layering with another brand. But as stated by the problem and my question is if it is good in bonding with porcelain from other brand (in same firing temp)

I want to thanks all

D

dentcre

Reaction score
interesting thread..

I use ceramco 3 base paste ,,then creapaste for the second coat.

the ceramco base paste realy masks the margind real good.

thinking on switching to inline all together though.