Noritake ML

GoldRunner

GoldRunner

Reaction score
Milled 2 sample crowns from Noritake ML (multi-later) A shade light. They suggest this is suitable for shade A1.5-2 without any pre sinter staining. Looks like you could do A1-A2+. Will try the A dark for shades A3, A3.5, and possibly A4. They sintered well at recommended temps and times. The multilayer shading is subtle and reasonably blended for good results. A big improvement over monolithic shades or dipping techniques. C and D range shades are not are not available yet.

The results are nice, but I still like a little more shade characterization to my crowns. It does get you in the ball park more quickly (and consistently) but some violet and occlusal characterization would be nice. Maybe just using ZZ stain for characterization would be the way to go. I like my Wieland stains, but sometimes things go horribly wrong with darker shades, and it can be difficult to judge where and how much stain you have applied. Big labs will like the Noritake ML for making shaded gobs of Zirconia, but I believe we will see the development of Zirconia masters that will be able to achieve outstanding esthetics with this material and other multilayer products.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Where did you get a shade chart? I was trying to figure them out but couldn't quite understand the japanese -(i only speak/read limited conversational Japanese).

I milled an A-Dark and it came out lighter than the picture that came in the puck box. But A-dark definitely was able to achieve A3.5 nicely. I milled about 5 crowns at different Z heights, and there are drastic difference between "close to top" , "close to bottom" and dead middle - of course dependent on size of crown and size of puck.

We milled on 18mm size puck.

We used e.max stain to characterize after - and our stain and glaze people had a blast compared to using the mono-color Zirlux.

Now correct me if I'm wrong - but there are only 3 pucks available and it's only for A range (hence the light and dark) - and then B light. There really is nothing for C and D.

Sarosh

Sarosh

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I need help for ML Kuraray blank. As per their description, we do not need to do staining but I felt if there is no stain then it looks very simple with out any depth. Could you guys advice me how to give the life to the ML- Crown after milling? Only glazing can't work. please send me smoe suggestion.