Noritake EX3 Fractures

Wyolab

Wyolab

Reaction score
Has anyone else been having problems with fractures? I am using the original EX3 not the EX3 press, and I have suddenly had multiple crowns that came back with fractures. I use Penceram 40 (goldpal) for my pfm's and haven't changed my routine. I don't go through a ton of porcelain, and it does not seem to be shade specific so I am wondering if there is something different about the alloy. I am getting a little, actually alot frustrated. Input please.

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
Are these fracturing after they have been seated and in use or do they have fractures when they arrive at the office or during seating ?

Wyolab

Wyolab

Reaction score
It appears they are fracturing during seating. One had some adjustment on it, but the other one looked intact. The one with the adjustment on it looked like it had been smacked with a hammer. The other on just had one fracture line diagonally across the buccal.

CaptainInsano25

CaptainInsano25

Insane Member
Reaction score
Brit, is it the same doc? If so, ask if he is applying too much pressure and heat when adjusting. Or even when you apply your high speed. Also, it might be happening if you are either too thin/or thick on the porcelain. Sounds strange. I doubt it's your alloy.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Are these coming from more than one office ? if so, you need to track down every step, and materials used..
I would bet its an impression problem... assuming nothing changed on your end, or new doctor..