non-prep veneers emax impulse

I

ivan vo

Reaction score
Dear Al.,
I,m dentist from Vietnam.T have one case with fluorsiste,patient 18 year old.I want to do veneers .3 with emax impulse and non-prep.You advice me which kind of ingots impulse or HT for this case.
Thanks Al.
Best regard,

DR Ivan,

PS:I can not insert photo but the real tooth shade A3,patient asked for final shade 1M1.
Al, you could give me your email..? thanks.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
Is the case purely additive?

If so how much labial space is there?

Your challenge is going to be the shade change from the darker stump, not how thin you can take the emax (once bonded you can thin that out to 0mm)

user name

user name

Reaction score
No prep...not my favorite. Keeping it very thin over an A-3, Id use a LT BL-3.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Hi Dr, I recommend you send study models to your lab to see if the case is a candidate for no prep veneers.
Not many truely are.
Problems with undercuts and line angles and contacts. The contacts are usually not smooth and even, and make it diffucult to floss and often create ledges and plaque traps.

It may be necessary to remove proximal undercuts and make some finish lines to get positive seats and a seating order.

If you want a more predictable out come shade wise along with the study models send them pics of the teeth with a current shade and also the desired final shade.

They can easily, (less than 30 minutes working time) wax and press a thin chip for one of the centrals that you can slip over the tooth to see a realistic out come for the shade.

What material they use has to be taken on a case by case basis. Mabey a BL1 HT will take the shade to a B1. Mabey you can do it with a BL2 Ht or mabey you need to use a Lt or Value ingot.
Heving them press a couple of thin chips to slip over one of the centrals will take the quess work out of it and save the lab alot of time in the long run not having to remake them all if the ingot they chose is to translucent or too opaque.