New Materials

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Now i look in my new catalog and what do i see celtra duo 20 Dollar suprinity 27.5 and enamic 27.5 but no materials for dry millers believe in me you wish you had a wet once.Is this the beginning of the end of small full zirkon cases ???

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
Zr is under $5 a unit for material cost.

Mills faster and easier with more flexibility to it's indications.

I doubt this stuff will make a big splash in the lab community.

Maybe for the Cerec owner to mill chairside once or twice, then his inventory goes to ebay?

G

grantoz

Reaction score
Have seen the price for a block of peek 98mm 16mm thick was double the price of good quality trans zirconia not chinese American made.does that give you something to think of or what.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Have seen the price for a block of peek 98mm 16mm thick was double the price of good quality trans zirconia not chinese American made.does that give you something to think of or what.

Um, no. What is your point?

What are we suppose to be doing with peek?

Making Burger Kings Kid's meal toys with it?

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Zr is under $5 a unit for material cost.

Mills faster and easier with more flexibility to it's indications.

I doubt this stuff will make a big splash in the lab community.

Maybe for the Cerec owner to mill chairside once or twice, then his inventory goes to ebay?

Zirkon is not in the market because of his price. In opposite to zirkon , zrs don't loose strength at the moment its wining strength in the mouth. The aesthetic quality of pure !!! zirkon is very limited all these materials have 10 times better optical properties. Celtra has half strength of e-max just milled make one glaze or stain burn its the same.Wait if all these wet mills come to you its just the beginning.Lots of these ugly bars can be changed into zi substructure added with one of these Materials in a splitfile if there is a break just mill the single tooth twice and cement in the mouth.Thats the way future goes .I can show you some cerec guys you wish you can do that.The new vhf with 8 time stacking i didn't try it but they come to u as well as the new roland at day zirkon sintered over night and at night e-max or zrs and so on and on . Zirkon is just one Material what counts is optical , biological and physical properties in relation to the price.

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe in your country, but this is not going to sell in the US.

I am sure of it. Each new material will get very very little % market share of the work.

eMax I think is not that popular to begin with (CNC milled eMax blocks I mean).

It is a very small market for the few who mill it.

For every 100 Zirconia units that get milled, maybe One eMax or similar material gets milled in the US*.

I doubt these few new materials will change that at all.

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
has anyone tried this Celtra Duo stuff? How do the aesthetics look? Anything special?

G

grantoz

Reaction score
They are starting to use peek for full arch all on 4 type restos and implant abutments.the point I make about materials like peek is I don't see its use yet. as peek is very white opaque grey colour.its ok strength no where near ti or zi its still plastic and its twice the price at the moment why use it but the reps are going nuts for it that's what makes me think how im trying to see its use ,sure enamic has its place but is limited people will try and use it in the wrong place and it will brake.plastic in peoples minds is always a cheep option and when companies try and sell plastics for more than ceramics they don't get used much unless you have cerec and no conscience look at artglass belleglass targis vectris now enamic and lavas product that's so much better according to them. until you get a plastic that's as strong and rigid and long lasting that doesn't take up fluids like plastic its just not as good its should be a cheeper option.When they release a product plastic that truelly has all the ceramic properties not just some and is easier to process than ceramics that's when we will have something that's what im talking about it makes you think.I agree with primus

Top Bottom