New inLab MC 5-Axis "Open" Mill

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Don't think Mo can be of any help, he lives in another world when it comes to Cerec.
Bob had a great idea, add a one day crown to our Menu. This is a great idea to head off docs with the idea of milling inhouse.......
How do I do that with just a scanner Dontknow Hmmmm2 $$$ a wet mill
What do labs do without a scanner.. :arghh:
It's the 21st century and dental technology has changed forever. Be it good or be it bad there is no turning back the clock. It"s definitely past the time to have a scanner and time for a mill. I believe all labs need these tools to remain competitive, not only with other labs but with chair side milling.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Agreed about the dislike for Sirona(the Evil Empire:android:) we are looking for options to mill wet with accuracy and no frayed margins like some other cheaper wet mills can do.Top
I have seen the MCX5, it look like they ripped off AG for the design of the Ceramill Motion 2. The AG mills wet and changes over to dry very quickly. Also looking into milling Sintron, the new pre sintered CrCo that mills like wax.

Tad Philip

Tad Philip

Reaction score
I am going to a lab Demo with MC X5 in Jan 8th, I will post my experience and thoughts.

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
I have seen the MCX5, it look like they ripped off AG for the design of the Ceramill Motion 2. The AG mills wet and changes over to dry very quickly. Also looking into milling Sintron, the new pre sintered CrCo that mills like wax.

I see what you mean Bob. When you first see that protective boot and the motion-esque look of the unit's enclosure it screams "rip-off",...... then upon closer inspection,... it's vertical approach, sub standard spindle and wrong minded methodology,....... I have to give it a thumbs down

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
I am told by Sirona in Australia it takes 80 Mins to mill 1 x emax crown, when i questioned the facts it was explained.
The MCXL uses 2 tools at once..the MCX5 uses one tool at a time ..so at the very least it would take twice that of an MCXL
Now the tool changing procedure takes a bit of time I am told.
So add all this stuff up... it takes time...

This is of course only what they have directly told me...and things can change..

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I am told by Sirona in Australia it takes 80 Mins to mill 1 x emax crown, when i questioned the facts it was explained.
We (CAP) mill e.amx blue block all day long in imes icore 140i and two 250i's. Total mill tine 35 minutes.
We just set up the AG Ceramill Motion 2 mill and it mills e.amx in high def using a 0.3mm tool. Alos 35 minutes. Have not done it yet. Probably next week. I will post some picks.

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
Bob, I thought them quoting 80 mins was a bit odd... but this is what came from high up....

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Than it's probably true. LA Ceramics mentioned a "Substandard spindle". This could be why. Ever look at the spindles in the MCXL. Lowest powered spindle in dental (I believe). It's more the size of a turbine in a handpiece than a dental spindle.

Tad Philip

Tad Philip

Reaction score
Bob,
What is the price of the new AG Ceramill Motion 2 mill?

Thanks

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Bob,
What is the price of the new AG Ceramill Motion 2 mill?

Thanks
This is not simple. There are several options. 4 or 5 axis, wet or dry only. several different fixtures for milling different products.
For more info I think you should touch base with some of our sales team. 877-977-7889.
sorry.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Some of what I have seen on FB is pretty impressive from this new mill.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
well, if you compare MCXL to MCX5 yes, it's night and day. Has there been an actual price announced?

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
$47,500 from Sirona with trade and @$2500 discount. Mine is 5 weeks out ;)

Sydceramist

Sydceramist

Reaction score
I went to there National office to see it in action, everything looked awesome!

Then I saw how they are marketing to the dentist (new materials surgical guides etc)

Hmmm Shoot oneself in the foot comes to mindBird

Top Bottom