New inLab MC 5-Axis "Open" Mill

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
This is my favorite paragraph. What a croc of crap.....

inLab MC X5, the five-axis milling and grinding unit newly developed especially for the demands of dental laboratories, completes Sirona's inLab system. Dental technicians benefit from the greatest flexibility for the entire production process of esthetically pleasing restorations and the largest selection of materials available on the market.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
yeh but has anyone seen or used it.I received the same blurb yesterday also . It looks good in the photo I could turn you know . Kimba dont say you have already!!!

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
Would be pretty sweet if they came up with an efficient way for wet to dry, I don't really care who makes it if the cam is versatile and support is good. I hope I don't get too much heat for this comment.

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
Why support a company that turns around and makes your customers their customers?

You will not lose any of your customers, actually cerec in clinic make the doc to appreciate more the efforts, the time, and the experience of their labs, and help them to be a little more professional and that help us too.
cerec will never ever be an alternative or a competitor of a the dental lab.
simply because it needs time, experience and responsibility which is very hard to be offered by the doc,
most of those systems are just for urgent simple cases, and lay away all the year long when the doc is busy( which is always happened to be the case).
all of my old big customers are in fact a professional cerec owners.
sirona realize that and focus more and more in the dental labs.

C

charles007

Reaction score
You will not lose any of your customers, actually cerec in clinic make the doc to appreciate more the efforts, the time, and the experience of their labs, and help them to be a little more professional and that help us too.
simply because it needs time, experience and responsibility which is very hard to be offered by the doc,
most of those systems are just for urgent simple cases, and lay away all the year long when the doc is busy( which is always happened to be the case).

What world do you live in ? Hmmmm2
Are you the Only lab that doesn't know another lab that lost Big accounts to the world of Cerec ?
Cerec can make a dentist a much better dentist, but the lab instantly stops receiving single units cases which is the vast majority of all crowns.

Sorry, now back to the topic of 5 axis inlab mill

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Anyone know the price?

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
What world do you live in ? Hmmmm2
Are you the Only lab that doesn't know another lab that lost Big accounts to the world of Cerec ?
Cerec can make a dentist a much better dentist, but the lab instantly stops receiving single units cases which is the vast majority of all crowns.

Sorry, now back to the topic of 5 axis inlab mill

No lost of any account, you will lose some singles for the period of the docs cerec adventure.
and then you will lose only the urgent single cases, who need it anyway.
may be only docs who lives in some remote desert or mountain will stop send you all the singles.
in the real world the doc time is so much expensive to be waste on the lab work.

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
Thats a croc for sure, Mohammad... I have several large clients that have dropped off to nothing with me after buying their cerec systems. They realize that they need to pay off their ~ $100k system, so they try to do everything they can with the unit to make it cost effective. I would do the same thing if I was in their place. But to use that old line about how they appreciate the lab more, or increase their volume is really dated and patently false.

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
Thats a croc for sure, Mohammad... I have several large clients that have dropped off to nothing with me after buying their cerec systems. They realize that they need to pay off their ~ $100k system, so they try to do everything they can with the unit to make it cost effective. I would do the same thing if I was in their place. But to use that old line about how they appreciate the lab more, or increase their volume is really dated and patently false.

I first met cerec on 2001, and since then never saw what you are talking about, may be your doctors have only 3 patient per day only.
on 2007 a dental center of my customers bought the system, they also bought vita mini glaze. those doctors were very professionals, i go and teach them how to use the furnace, they have done good cases on the system, but few month later the furnace were sent to the store and the system nearly stop working, they even start to send me the onlays and the inlays, because they cannot offer the time to do a professional restoration on that system.

really so many stories i have seen it my eye, the last hospital i have work with has 3 cerec MX CL
they keep it in box for 6 month, and the only system that have the light to work out of those 3 system is the one i open and i set it up in the lab.

they don't even bother themselves to take an implant scan, they barely have a time to take impressions, and see the other patients(do and redo scan is not a word in their dictionary).

even the most advanced lvl in cerec of those docs will spend more than 3 hours to scan, design and finish an acceptable 6 veneers, cause the anatomical library on cerec is just like old shoe, even experienced technician will have a hard time designing a nice looking restorations, and don't ask about fitting, finishing and glazing it is a totally different story.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Just because I'm pissed off and have been in a angry mood for the last 2 weeks....that is the most stupid and retarded thing I've ever heard. Pardon my inability to be PC

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
the cerec accounts we have were for a time, lost.

but they have grown to dislike the system, given the restorations they make with it either break or do not drop on, or do not have a simple workflow. quite a number of these accounts continue to use their system and yes we've lost a certain number of units but what we've recently come to understand is that we can recoup these accounts very quickly if we open a cerec connect portal to accept their files and turn their cases around.

however this poses a small problem where time is a factor for the case. sirona sits on the data too long.

so some sort of custom web portal is in order to get the data straight from the source.

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
it is not logical, and does not make sense, 70% of the restorations cannot be done by the doctor on cerec in the clinic, so the maximum you lose is 30% of his work.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
what is boils down to for me is the docs don't like or understand the CAD. works out, because i understand it. recouping lost accounts is really just ensuring my standard of quality is set pretty high. the docs don't meet it and in time they stop using it.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
i keep hearing rumors of 62k - but nothing from definitive sources. i guess that's not terrible for a wet/dry mill? (shrug)

M

Mark Blyumin

Reaction score
i keep hearing rumors of 62k - but nothing from definitive sources. i guess that's not terrible for a wet/dry mill? (shrug)
I think they will have some kind of program when you will exchange old mill for a good discount. That is how I purchased my inIos X5 scanner. This was a great deal. They took an old Piccolo scanner. We'll find out after the Summit.

Top Bottom