• Possibly in 2023

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Maybe in 2024

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
Its much faster to have 8 different pucks on deck, because I dont want to have to change pucks everytime one ends. It doesnt have to be on 24/7 to continuously mill out work until they are all complete. And you can take other pucks out while its still working. Never said I needed a loader though, It was a good deal, the loader doesnt even work properly. VHF cant help.
Did you get your loader issue sorted out?

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
I bought a VHF S5 in June of '21. So far no issues, love the carousel. Load the pucks and away we go. The tech support is ****e but that's a different story.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
We are probably sitting at the tail end of zirconia milling, printing zirconia is coming fast.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Did you get your loader issue sorted out?
No unfortunately not.. I can load slot #3, but if I use any others and the carousel has to spin all the way around, it freezes the machine and software immediately when it gets to the same spot. It goes through the initialization just fine, only when loading disks. So im stuck only using one puck in the changer, but I still think its faster than screwing/unscrewing different pucks.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
No unfortunately not.. I can load slot #3, but if I use any others and the carousel has to spin all the way around, it freezes the machine and software immediately when it gets to the same spot. It goes through the initialization just fine, only when loading disks. So im stuck only using one puck in the changer, but I still think its faster than screwing/unscrewing different pucks.
Do you have VHF's software or a different one? Maybe you can try upgrading it? I have version 7.

Last edited:
Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
You probably have a bad switch somewhere. Have you ever replaced one before?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I have vhf software version 7. Thanks for the PM toothman, I think it could be one of a few things, It did work fine when I got it, only had 92 hours on it, and I had only used it a few hours when that started happening. Im going to try running the power directly to the wall instead of a power strip, and replace the USB cord to start. It could be a switch but Im not sure what switch or sensor tells the carousel to stop at each location, but like I said, it spins around completely to calibrate at power on, without stopping.. its only when I try load a different carrier that it stops, and always at the same place. The fact that the software and mill freeze makes me think its either a bug, or some type of voltage overload safety feature.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I bought a VHF S5 in June of '21. So far no issues, love the carousel. Load the pucks and away we go. The tech support is ****e but that's a different story.
dare i ask whom the support is from?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
You probably have a bad switch somewhere. Have you ever replaced one before?
Thanks for the help, I was actually able to troubleshoot it and fix it myself. I was thinking that it was hitting some limit switch, but didnt make sense because it still rotated that way when starting up. So I recalibrated the changer or c-axis as its called , and spun it back around 360', reset that as the zero point, and now it doesnt get stuck, I can use all 8 spaces! Its not breaking implants anymore either, mustve been a bad tool. So now Im loving this machine.

Top Bottom