New Compressor

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
moisture condensation in a scroll or screw fed tank isn't as significant as in a piston set up..?
I think it should be the same, it depends on the pressure not the way the air was compressed.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Do you have to drain the compressor regularly?
I never drain my tanks. I run electronic timed dump valves on the bottom of our Atlas, and the ingersolrand 60gal storage tank. Also on the outlet of the driers as well.

Something like these guys.
https://m.grainger.com/product/13X5...8117!&ef_id=WLD3vAAAAWi19EMp:20170310140959:s

I set the timmer for 5 to 10 minutes for a interval of 5 to 10 seconds. This dumps any moisture build up and the bottom of the tank so you never have to drain the tank.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I never drain my tanks. I run electronic timed dump valves on the bottom of our Atlas, and the ingersolrand 60gal storage tank. Also on the outlet of the driers as well.

Something like these guys.
https://m.grainger.com/product/13X524?gclid=Cj0KEQiAuonGBRCaotXoycysvIMBEiQAcxV0nF5Ujdv05ucvYp21OqG4Q0Wfhyp6qhMaA-CFGMu8C9MaArrV8P8HAQ&cm_mmc=PPC:GOOGLEPLAA-_-Pneumatics-_-Pneumatic System Components-_-13X524&AL!2966!3!50916757077!!!g!82166508117!&s_kwcid=AL!2966!3!50916757077!!!g!82166508117!&ef_id=WLD3vAAAAWi19EMp:20170310140959:s

I set the timmer for 5 to 10 minutes for a interval of 5 to 10 seconds. This dumps any moisture build up and the bottom of the tank so you never have to drain the tank.

That's slick...i like it, thanks for the good intel!!!

Z

ztech

Reaction score
Desiccant dryers have two chambers. Only one operates at a time. While 1 is drying the other is recharging. The two primary types either use a small amount of air or heat to recharge.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Heres a twist...

I think Im zeroed in on the Atlas Copco. Im thinking the GX4 FF, because it has enough to it to allow for expansion if I decide to add. The smaller GX2 FF would cover my needs now, and being smaller, it would run a bit more, so condensation in the oil would be less of an issue.

Heres the rub...

The rep for my area is a d!ck. He doesn't know his product line, I don't think he understands the air industry in general, he has no interest in our industry it seems, and I just don't like him. Would it be wrong for me to try to work around him, or should I just order through him and let him get the commission? I don't think I can go to the regional manager with a complaint with out dinging the local guys job/credibility. I don't want to be a d!ck too.

doug

doug

Reaction score
That's slick...i like it, thanks for the good intel!!!

I have that exact valve setup on my compressor with a refrigerated dryer and it is a nice trouble free option

vurban210

vurban210

Reaction score
Heres a twist...

I think Im zeroed in on the Atlas Copco. Im thinking the GX4 FF, because it has enough to it to allow for expansion if I decide to add. The smaller GX2 FF would cover my needs now, and being smaller, it would run a bit more, so condensation in the oil would be less of an issue.

Heres the rub...

The rep for my area is a d!ck. He doesn't know his product line, I don't think he understands the air industry in general, he has no interest in our industry it seems, and I just don't like him. Would it be wrong for me to try to work around him, or should I just order through him and let him get the commission? I don't think I can go to the regional manager with a complaint with out dinging the local guys job/credibility. I don't want to be a d!ck too.

You are going to need after sales service and if this guy is a prick he won't be of help. Or what if something goes wrong with the delivery - wrong configuration, wrong electrical setup, etc.

You are the customer and if he is impossible to deal with now he will be even more impossible to deal with after he gets the sale.

I've made this mistake on another piece of equipment because I was trying to cut the guy some slack. In the end he lost his job anyhow because he lied, I was forced to show he was lying and I did. Still was a waste of my time.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I have that exact valve setup on my compressor with a refrigerated dryer and it is a nice trouble free option
Yeah, I like that a lot...What kind of dryer u have Doug?

doug

doug

Reaction score
Rob, I'll post my entire setup on here tomorrow. I have given it to a couple of people who bought the Jensen Preciso system. It's a good thing to know that you need to have enough air, it needs to be dry and clean, and having a decent suction for the mill is important as well. I have everything air related from Grainger. It's just too easy to buy it from them and get it delivered. That stuff is heavy and I don't own a truck

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Heres a twist...

Heres the rub...

I bought ours via a compressor shop that does sales, service and repair. They are a AC distributor and offer a service plan to come by and do the annual and 6 month services for us. Install was very ease. We had a electrician run a 60amp breaker on 10ga wires to a disconnect box with two 40 amp fuses.

Once in place I simply took the two wires out of the compressor and into the disconnect box, and hocked up the air line tot the outlet of the tank and turned it on, went right to work.

Currently running 4 mills off our setup and no issues. Wieland Hybrid Select with material changer, Wieland Mini, VHF 4K and a VHF S1. 60 Gallon storage tank in line as well. That GX4FF is a beast.

Keep in mind anywhere in the system that there is a air leak it will create moisture in the air system. Make sure your have a tight sealed setup at the tank to sandblaster to work benches.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Okay, here's everything I purchased to get my air supply and the suction for my setup John Wilson gave me guidance on the suction.

Attachments

• Air supply needs.pdf
    127.9 KB · Views: 26
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Okay, here's everything I purchased to get my air supply and the suction for my setup John Wilson gave me guidance on the suction.
Not Mr. Wilson, that guy is always helping folks behind the scenes :) Thanks for sharing Doug!!!

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Thats it for the dryer ? Why the need for refrigerated driers as others suggest ? I currently just use one of those Ney bag holder dryers at the compressor and this down line ..https://www.usdentaldepot.com/Dental-supplies/FILTER/High-Perf-Compressed-Air(-)P023-2940-0000 no moister problems as of yet. But its not hooked to a mill either.
Dry air is always good. I just put a small speed air dryer right before my mills, I will post of it once I get into the lab. I don't trust those online dryers. I have small ones on my regulators at the mill but do not realy on them to do the job. Refrigerated dryers are 2way to go. Only for the mills. Everything else will be good off the dryer on the gx4ff.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Heres a twist...

Heres the rub...

I dealt with the same crap from them when I was looking. I couldn't even get a call back when I told the receptionist or whatever she was that I was a dental lab. They didn't want to deal with me at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
When I invested in my Kaeser Aircenter SX5 I was looking for a "set it and forget it" situation. It comes with a price of course but its one less variable to deal with. Its fully automatic in all regards. Never touch anything and fully automated draining and maintenance indicators built in. With the hours this unit runs it is serviced every 6 months and this is the part that I do not like (pricey). Sure I could most likely do it myself but its just one more thing I do not want to have to deal with.

All in all it has been a great purchase that I do not regret at all and will most likely last for many many years.