Need New Supplier

Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

HMFIC
Reaction score
Bizarrest thing just happend dealing with Zahn(HenryShien). After what 40 years in the business 30 at my current location I can no longer receive 'mounted ceramic abrasive wheels' from Meisinger because it is a regulated item WTF?? They need proof I run a lab from my physical address. Because Im rural I do not have mail delivery to my location a 650 sqft lab above my garage. I use a PO Box for 30 years (Its how my accounts send me work) and its never been a problem. I DO NOT put my physical address on any public material as I dont want denture patients showing up asking for repairs. Zahn (formely Lincoln Dental) been shipping to me for years....even this item...

What the hell is going on with our industry? F_ck Henry S_$$$N
Need new supplier....

Thanks

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Bizarrest thing just happend dealing with Zahn(HenryShien). After what 40 years in the business 30 at my current location I can no longer receive 'mounted ceramic abrasive wheels' from Meisinger because it is a regulated item WTF?? They need proof I run a lab from my physical address. Because Im rural I do not have mail delivery to my location a 650 sqft lab above my garage. I use a PO Box for 30 years (Its how my accounts send me work) and its never been a problem. I DO NOT put my physical address on any public material as I dont want denture patients showing up asking for repairs. Zahn (formely Lincoln Dental) been shipping to me for years....even this item...

Need new supplier....

Thanks
Batman had the same problem with fedex.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Dave Baccus used to be with Zahn, but Nowak was lucky enough to get him now. Id give him a call...
203-734-0217

Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

HMFIC
Reaction score
Just to be clear shipping companies are fine, this is Zahn refusing to recognize Im a legal lab because I wont make my physical address public.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Just to be clear shipping companies are fine, this is Zahn refusing to recognize Im a legal lab because I wont make my physical address public.
I was required to show my physical location for acrylic since 2016 as it's "only to be used by or on the order of" a doctor.
My state requires it on the prescriptions.

But you must have something, even a trade publication that comes there. LMT Lab Day mailer?

Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

HMFIC
Reaction score
Funny thing is Zahns own statement has it on them (Bill To: PO Box Shipto: Lab address). Ive got lots of documents with it on them but not my website nor scripts its my PO Box and been that way for 30 years. This whole thing about stones for grinding ZR suddenly being regulated is absurd. And yes she said its a state issue.
edit: they are shipping other items I ordered lol...just not the wheels...

But hey thanks @user_name for the Nowak lead I'll call him tomorrow after I do my scanning.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Funny thing is Zahns own statement has it on them (Bill To: PO Box Shipto: Lab address). Ive got lots of documents with it on them but not my website nor scripts its my PO Box and been that way for 30 years. This whole thing about stones for grinding ZR suddenly being regulated is absurd. And yes she said its a state issue.

But hey thanks @user_name for the Nowak lead I'll call him tomorrow after I do my scanning.
Have yourself some fun. Order something from Nowak, then send them a copy. :)

user name

user name

Reaction score
Im kind of the opposite of Rex. I only use my lab address for everything. My home doesnt get utility bills, bank stuff, nothing. Lab address on my drivers license, voter registration, everything. When I go home at night, I want to be left alone.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Most of the bills from vendors have a P.O. box on them. That payment you make goes directly to a bank for deposit and then the vendor gets the info to reconcile their and your account.

Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

HMFIC
Reaction score
Im kind of the opposite of Rex. I only use my lab address for everything. My home doesnt get utility bills, bank stuff, nothing. Lab address on my drivers license, voter registration, everything. When I go home at night, I want to be left alone.

Basically I do the same, all my bills, banks, drivers license everything is on my PO Box which is my lab USPS address. But mind you my lab is part of my house and we do not get USMail here. The PO has given me mobility over the last 30 yrs Ive been at 4 different locations locally from an 8 man lab down to 1 and never had to change billing nor cases that are shipped via business reply mail labels. The only folks that get my physical address is anyone that wont ship to PO box.

</soapbox ON>
Going to feel good to drop HS just like Patterson years ago. Man what a bunch of asshats they were, sales reps showing up telling me I have to buy Cerec because one my clients had it... he got a GTFO dude and dont come back farewell.... turns out it created more business for me just like turning down stupid implant placements by Periodontists that promised impossible fixed solutions to patients in the early days of implants but thats another story...
</soapbox OFF>

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score

Need new supplier....

Thanks
Have you tried Pearson? I like their ZirconGrind line. Don’t know their rules.

Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

HMFIC
Reaction score
Cardinal rotary has a good selection
Forgot about Cardinal, some of the best rotory tools I've ever owned came from them when I meet them at the Midwinter many years ago, Thanks for the reminder!

Top Bottom