New cad-cam company Panthera Dental

Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score
Hi All,

My name is Bernard Robichaud, you might know me because of my old company called Biocad that we sold to Nobel Biocare in 2009.
Biocad was started by my brother, my father and I.

IN 2011 Nobel Biocare fired us under 15 minutes, after an year and half my brother and I decided to start a new company in what we know best : Dental CAD-CAM specialized on implantology.
That mean nothing on natural teeth, no crown and bridges except if there implant involved.

OUt company is called PANTHERA DENTAL Inc.
you can find us at Panthera Dental

As today we offer :
Dental Bars on all implant platform in titanium (Design and scanning done in house at our facility)
End of 2012 - Cr-Co and Copy-Wax will be available
2013 - Abutment on all dental platform
2013 - New type of bars
2013 - Many more project.

Our main focus is to offer outstanding product with an amazing customer service. We have a 5 working days turn around time once design approval and working to reduce this time frame in 2013.

For any more question you can e-mail me, call me, discuss here it will be a pleasure, and all of that it because of the comunity that we can offer such quality because I never stopped to listen to dental lab even when I was working for Nobel.

Thank you to be a fantastic world.

Bernard Robichaud
co-Founder of Panthera Dental
Panthera Dental

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Any links to your website?
Do you sell in Canada?
Do you warranty your components?
How long can I leave potatoe salad in the sunlight?

Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score
i put the link twice but the forum remove the www.

so it pantheradental.com

We are Canadian so yes we sell in Canada we sell worldwide without exception (Moon may take few more days of shipping be warn)
We warranty our bars 25 years

potatoe salade can stay in the sunlight of summer a maximum of 43,4 minutes during winter sunlight it increase to 57,2 minutes.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
LOL moon...

i like you already.

Slipstream

Slipstream

Reaction score
Any links to your website?
Do you sell in Canada?
Do you warranty your components?
How long can I leave potatoe salad in the sunlight?

Allow me to help

No more than 2 hours except in Canada where it will most probably freeze overnight so 6 months, unless a bear gets it.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i notice your section on Parts is ... well its blank...

before getting crazy with the details, will you be milling most things that implant companies tend to mill - such as analogs, screws, interfaces, abutments, scan bodies ? if so do you plan on directly competing with nobel by selling nobel parts ?

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Do you have FDA approval in the US?

Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score
i notice your section on Parts is ... well its blank...

before getting crazy with the details, will you be milling most things that implant companies tend to mill - such as analogs, screws, interfaces, abutments, scan bodies ? if so do you plan on directly competing with nobel by selling nobel parts ?

YEs we will sell all thoses parts, analogs, screws, attachments, etc. Nobel is one of the first company we will offer.
Every analogs are made of stainless steel and screws are in Titanium

Do you have FDA approval in the US?

Yes and NO, we are a Dental Lab by law so we do not produce medical device nor we want to, we produce piece and parts under prescription so therefor we are authorized by the FDA/CE/Health Canada because we are a legal dental lab with RDTs.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
YEs we will sell all thoses parts, analogs, screws, attachments, etc. Nobel is one of the first company we will offer.
Every analogs are made of stainless steel and screws are in Titanium

Yes and NO, we are a Dental Lab by law so we do not produce medical device nor we want to, we produce piece and parts under prescription so therefor we are authorized by the FDA/CE/Health Canada because we are a legal dental lab with RDTs.

Congratulations on your new business. You did a great job with your last one. I loved your work.

Do you have ISO or DAMAS certification? If not, I would at minimum get this to get yourself in alignment with FDA GMP's if you plan on selling in the US.

Last edited:
JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Hi Bernard,

Wow Nobel didn't have you sign a non compete? That seems exceptionally silly to me. We heard lots of rumors on sales price like 32mil if so why the hell are you not enjoying your money :)

Good luck, your products were second to none, I assume it will be the same with this new venture, any plans to offer just milling services from 3shape scans/designs?

Just out of respect every case that I ship to Quebec still has your name on the UPS label :)

Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score
Hi John,
Yeah Nobel HAD a non compete, but that was a year ago and it done. Now Nobel bought us for 40Million CAD $, so once everyone is paid, and then tax come what is left can be burn in a year easly..nothing to give to my kids... ;)

ANyway...im 30 years old...even rich what you would do of your day? Something fun! That why my brother and I started a new company because it fun doing something great!

Now we plan to accep design for Abutment from 3shape/scanner but for bars their scanner is not precise enough for case where you have multiple implant, diffrent platform, high angulation. We cannot guarantee the quality if done with those scanner.

Now John keep the name on the UPS box, but just change the adresse, it is in the same city, just 1 mile away of where you normally sent them ;)

Best regards
Bernard

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Boy it seems everyone and their brother are starting up milling centers these days ! :rolleyes:

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Bernard,

I think we need a scanner such as this in video....with changes.

I am going to build a variation of this, with the camera moving around object like the sun-to-earth and the object only rotational axis.

(Total....2axis)

Scanner is around $60,000USD and then add CAD.....

5,000,000 pixel

I cannot find a cheaper solution. I do not like the current scanners on the market for Bars.

Please send me money so I can build! LOL The scanner will have very heavy frame, and be almost same size as refridgerator.

6' tall, 3' wide.....500lbs? 800lbs maybe? Cast frame to minimize thermal expansion? Very similar to a CNC mill, but with camera and no spindle!

Do you know of Steinbichler? I love!

Last edited by a moderator:
JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Hi John,
Yeah Nobel HAD a non compete, but that was a year ago and it done. Now Nobel bought us for 40Million CAD $, so once everyone is paid, and then tax come what is left can be burn in a year easly..nothing to give to my kids... ;)

ANyway...im 30 years old...even rich what you would do of your day? Something fun! That why my brother and I started a new company because it fun doing something great!

Now we plan to accep design for Abutment from 3shape/scanner but for bars their scanner is not precise enough for case where you have multiple implant, diffrent platform, high angulation. We cannot guarantee the quality if done with those scanner.

Now John keep the name on the UPS box, but just change the adresse, it is in the same city, just 1 mile away of where you normally sent them ;)

Best regards
Bernard

So you feel the 810 is not accurate enough for bars Bernard?

I have the optical scanner from Nobel as well and we do quite a few with that system for fixtures that we have scan bodies and they ( Nobel) support. I recently purchased a design library from ELOS and ALL of the scan bodies that will allow me to do just about anything I can't do with nobel. I was under the assumption that my 3shape scanner could handle what I needed.

Please advise

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
3shape is not accurate enough for bars. (actual scanner data)

period.

Don't feel bad.

The Italian scanner I bought was not accurate enough as well. :confused:

The Lava scanner is. (Steinbichler)

Top Bottom